1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

evo dog food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by JoeyNzoey, Dec 12, 2009.

1. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

No one can make you feel threatened as a bad owner if you know in your heart what you are doing is right. Why, do you secretly feel guilty? LOL. Why are looking to others to see that they are choosing to feed kibble to make yourself feel better about it. Who cares what the next guy does. :rolleyes:

2. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Easy there Scratchin. ;) I dont think you're going to get your point across by pissing J&Z off...

Alright, so maybe your parents won't be into buying a whole supply of different meats and whatnot to properly feed raw. BUT have you considered dumping the EVO RM and supplementing the Innova RM with some chicken necks? Surely, your parents won't mind picking up a package of chicken while at the grocery store. This is what I'm doing until this bag of EVO is up.

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

LOL..Yeh I know. I dont mean anything by it. Just got a little feisty there for a moment.;)

4. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

Ok scratchin apparently I didn't SEEK anyone else who feeds kibble as well, but since k-9 mentioned feeding the same exact evo that I am I thought I would state it since you pretty much called me out as a bad owner since I do not feed raw. Anyways we'll see soon in given time if I will be able to see what I can do with raw but in the meantime I strongly believe that I am not feeding the kibble to purposely harm her, otherwise I would be feeding her Iams or pedigree. I did give the benefits towards the added evo in her diet which were: healthier and softer coat, even less shedding, more energy, less anxiety, and just enjoying her meals much more. I only had added the white rice once and since then the runs discontinued. So mixing innova with a small portion of the evo seems to be working just fine for now.

5. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Just bumping up my quote again!!!!

With one dog, feeding raw couldn't be easier!:)

6. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

scratchin dog.....all your points are right on no doubt....but as they say, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!"

Most members on here learn over time what is better for your dogs but continue to ignore the facts. Kibble is convienient, especially when feeding a yard of dogs but feeding a yard of dogs raw can be done and is being done! (Show em pics of Angus to show members here a day & night comparison!)

YIS

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I understand that. But I believe using EVO can be just as harmful in the long run as using IAMS.

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I agree STP. Its very easy.

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Thanks STP and I've been saying that quote often lately. ;)

Anyone who feeds raw can see the difference. This is what a raw fed dog looks like.:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

That dog is a God amongst bulldogs lol.

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Do you have any pics on how he did on kibble? Angus is a remarkable looking bulldog but I think he'd look great on sawdust. No offense to you, I'm sure you put a significant amount of work in with him.

12. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I have to look for pics, but for most of his life I have used raw to condition. I would feed kibble in the off season and then switch to natures variety raw before I made my own raw diet. What I did notice when I fed kibble was that it took longer to get him in shape but then when I switched to raw results came more swiftly.

13. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Thank you button! :D

14. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

dear god thats a beautiful creature

15. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

so now the thread has turned into another subject haha but thanks for all the inputs either way.

16. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

It has not turned in another subject....it just evolved as a related topic!
    Were not trying to put you down or disrespect you Joey&Zoey....and I give you credit for wanting to feed one of the better kibbles out there...but honestly Evo and and the other high protein kibbles (40+% protein) are bad for your dogs in the long run. I remeber when everyone use to feed kibble and Ol'Roy, Purina and Eukanuba were the top dogs....but man how times have changed through research and trial and error...kibble has tried to improve, but in comparison to a raw diet they will lose! (just look at scratchindog's pic of Angus)

YIS

17. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Thanks budboy!:)

18. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

Can we get the recipe, of your RAW Feed. I mean I know that genetics play a big part on how a dog looks but :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: G-damn.......[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

HE NOT ONLY LOOKS GOOD BUT HEALTHY.......not what I have seen some dogs some people just starve the S**% out of it just to try to make him look fit. But there is unhealthy skinny and Healthy skinny this dog looks more like the Latter.

19. AGame

AGame CH Dog

no shit u can see every ripple in every muscle ffs that is an amazing looking bulldog

20. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you. LOL. ;)
    Thanks for the kind words. :D