1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Grease as worm prevention

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Tank1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

Is there any truth that putting cooking grease in a dogs food will prevent worms?

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

please tell me this is a joke....please

3. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

First thread was deleted, this is Part Deux.

4. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

yea and if you feed it gunpowder and jalapenos twice a week and beat it with a shovel every tuesday it will make a great fighting dog :rolleyes:

5. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

a little in the food will add fat for the winter.

6. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Grease seems like it might just give a dog the runs?

7. simms

simms CH Dog

Grease does not act as a dewormer or a prevent.

8. gameone

gameone Big Dog

Makes slick shit

9. DemonBT

DemonBT Pup

its called not being cheap and getting real dog dewormer...sheesh. :cool:

10. lol that's funny shit

11. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I almost choked on my toasted PB&J when I read this, thats some some real funny shit right there....:D

12. he is sam

he is sam Pup

lmao Christ

13. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Yes, there is. Don't let these folks fool you. However, the grease needs to have been used to cook certain foods/herbs/spices in order for it to work. It isn't the fat "grease" itself, but what has marinated in it. Those spices poison the worms and fat helps them slide out easily. It doesn't take care of everything, but it works wonders on the most common. If you're interested, Paypal me $100 and I'll send you a couple quarts to try out.

14. LOL more good stuff!

15. gameone

gameone Big Dog

LOL hey how much extra for the brown log that adds gameness?

16. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

There are a lot of people in my area who do this. I was over a guys house the other day who had all of his food soaked in grease. You hear this everyday around here. I have heard people talking about it for years but of course I don't do it.

17. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

WOW!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: never ever heard of this,LOL!

18. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

The grease is to add fat to a dog's ration and to make their kibble more palatable. No more. No less. Did you hear a worming story told or did you infer that on your own???? (To the OP) Especially in times of cold weather.

19. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I have never heard of grease being used as a dewormer. I can't seem to understand how it would work.

I think the best course of action would be to go to the veterinarian and get a fecal and a proper deworming if you are considering using grease.

20. Tank1

Tank1 Big Dog

I heard it.