1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Movies

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Riptora, Jul 19, 2006.

1. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Attached Files:

2. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

I know most of the movies discussed above are family movies, but did everyone forget about "Amorres Perros"? Even though it wasnt a positive or factual movie about APBT i still thought it was a good over all movie.

3. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

LOL, that's what my husband said. Poor hubbies, never get the credit they deserve. I said "Ummmm, I don't think so."
    He'll be glad to know he was right for a change :)

4. maximusab

maximusab Big Dog

We've got too be right sometime. LOL

5. Marty

Marty Guest

The Black dog.

6. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Probably about Stubby the War Pit..that would do wonders for the image!

7. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

What? Is that a suggestion?

Has anyone ever seen the movie ' White Dog ' ? It's about a white shepherd that was trained to attack black people and was found by a woman. They spend the movie trying to rehabilitate the dog... that was a neat one.

8. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

That was a great movie!
    seen it several times... thats a classic. I loved the twist at the end of that one... never saw it coming.

what about "Eyes of an Angel" its about this Big ass Dobie that is part of a fighting ring and after it loses it gets tossed and found by a little girl that shows the dog its first true affection. another good one... John Travolta is in that one. He plays a mob pick up guy.. its deep.

Then there is "Black Dog" with patrick Swayze... the dog isnt really part of the movie but its a great looking dog.

"Fresh" a good movie about inner-city kids there is a good little section where they get into matching dogs and raising an APBT... its gritty but serves its purpose to show what its really like in the city.

"Mans Best Friend" A souped up genetically altered dog with abilities from all different animals goes on a rampage around the city. Staring a HUGE Tibetan Mastiff, pretty good effects make it a decent little horror flick.

"Atomic Dog" a Shepard mix is exposed to radiation and goes on a killing spree. Another pretty good one. The effects arent neary as good as its an older movie but still worth watching.

Grab any one of the Omen movies and you will see Rotties abound. I love scary movies.

I am kind of a movie buff... let me think on it... and see how many more I can come up with.

Riptora likes this.
  9. Mouser

Mouser Big Dog

I read somewhere that Ole Yellar was a dog that the trainer got from a shelter, thought to be a lab mix, the book was based on a BMC though. I own and have watched it several times a movie called "Jock Of Bushveld" it's a movie based on a book written by Sir Percy Fitzpatrick, he was a Irishman that moved to Africa to work in the late 1800's, he saved a runt pup that was going to be drowned, and made him his hunting/bush dog. It's a very good movie, but made kind of cheap. The dog is a Staffordshire bull terrier with a docked tail, lots of action with the dog. You would probably have to buy it off the net to get it. I think my copy cost $9-10. "The Great Train Robbery" with Sean Connery has a scene of two rat pit dogs, that were pretty neat, but not really a dog movie. "The Good Son" has a nice looking pit in it, I think it was the Dread dog that Diane Jessup owned. "Savage Sam" a movie about ole yellar's pup, I think, but he dog was a bluetick coon hound, still a good movie. I have most of the Little Rascal movies for the kids. Enjoyed this thread, because I'm always looking for a good dog movie for my collection. I have seen several hog/dog movies that are pretty neat, but most are not full pits, especially the movies from Australia, or New Zealand. Really anything to do with dogs working or hunting is very interesting. Mouser

Riptora likes this.