1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Need some advice??

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by twiztidpitz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

I was just wanting to see how some of you guys get a male to tuck really good. For reason I cant seem to get Bud to tuck up any better than what he is now. Any help will be greatly appreciated!! :)[​IMG]

2. Attila

Attila Guest

how tall is he?

spring pole work and flirt pole. Swimming, sand work, walking further and faster, longer.

How much feed do you give him? What is his blood line?

It looks like he is starting to show some rippage action so you're doing something right. I can't tell if he is really tall or you're really short. I am thinking more resistance training as I listed above.

WB

3. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Ripped or not, he is a good looking dog! I hope you get him "tucked up more " and share a pic with us..

4. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Get him a pulling sled and put on just his own weight to start...he will tuck up in a matter of days from using a lot of rear end balancing...I seen some of the best dogs rears on a puller...or go jogging thru sand....that makes them push and pull a lot...other than that making him work above his head is the only other solution...like what was already mentioned....Spingpole. Flirt...etc

5. SJBPolo28

SJBPolo28 Banned

What you could do is cut his food intake down about a week or two b4 the show. DO you have a treadmill? You should treat conformation shows just like a "other" show, by that I mean judges don't want fat or wet dogs to represent their kennel clubs. Not to say that your dog is fat, actually he looks quite good, but you could stand to lose 5-8lbs from the pic.

6. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Actually SJB, if he lost 5 to 8 more lbs his hips bones would be showing, he only has about a pound or so to go. In the pic he is 50 lbs. He flirts, springs, well just about anything. I don't want to pull him to much, his a$$ is already ghetto! LOL!! I do about 1hr hand walking a day, and 20 to 30 mins of spring, flirt, water hose chasing (LOL) each. He's lookin a little better than in that pic. It was taken the 1st of Aug.
    Here is a link to his pedigree, and he is on 3 cups of Canidea.
    http://apbtpedigrees.com/pedigree1/printpedigree/printout.php?recordID=38920

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Are there any hilly areas around your house? Nothing too serious, but just some slight inclines & whatnot. Around here we have a park that is used as a cross country course b/c of it's small hills & I'll take dogs running there. We usually do 2-3 miles. That's what I did with this one who dropped his weight from 66lbs when I got him to 53lbs when he died (my only problem was this dog was thin up front).

[​IMG]

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

You never cut the gut fat out of the dog before begining the keep.

A serious conditioner could take another 5-6 lbs. off with no ill-effects.

A novice like myself sees an easy 3-5 to cut out.

A pound left is no where near top condition. That pound will come from drying the dog out the last few days by whatever you choose. Dog will look the exact same a pound lighter done right as it does now. Theres still plenty of fat to cut out there, just depends how far you want to take it. You wont get a dog to really tuck nice with extra baggage in the gut area. Feel his stomach muscles, at the end he should have almost no fat over them, and they should be fairly hard. I would venture to guess right now there is a layer of mush over a moderately tight muscle. Not saying anything bad about the dog, he looks good, but for the look I think your going for, he could stand a bit more. All depends on the show I'd believe, no sense in bringing a dog in top condition for a local fun show, but if this is nationals or similar, you've got some work to do imo. I've never worked a dog for conformation, but I know what needs to be done to get the dog to at least look the part your going for. Cut the gut fat out if your still a few weeks out, and then use the recommended excersised from whoever mentioned, pulling, hill climbs,and sand-running...all of which will work.

9. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I agree you dog could lose quite a bit more. Are you adding water to feed every day? your dog will dry out and tighten up by taking water out last feed 1 oz per lb of wt you want. I could tighten that dog up a lot more and still keep him strong But I am a bodybuilder my self and understand the concept of fine tuning .(a little hint CAT MILL) Use high intense cardio when he is foaming slow down and let him cool down allways rub him down it will relese toxins when you think he is good rub some more it does wonders and it build a bond. Blood line does have some play in this but hard work will over come alot of that. You will only be able to keep him peaked for a day or two or he will go stale. Feed him very well dont be cheap on any thing you add crush all vits or pills. Thats really all you need to do to that dog.. A lot of hand walking and a ton of cardio and more rub downs. YIS J

10. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

if he is 50 you should be able to get him to a healthy 45-46. make is he parasite free. and use a road woirk keep on him or develope your own lil keep. like have done