1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Swivels???

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by LOCKMOUTH, Aug 2, 2005.

1. LOCKMOUTH

LOCKMOUTH Pup

Does anyone sell homemade heavy duty swivels. I'm on the hunt for a couple quality homemade swivels. I know big thicket kennels sells them, but want to know if anyone else made some nice thick swivels.

2. Marty

Marty Guest

Try your local hardware/feedstore they should have them. :)

3. LOCKMOUTH

LOCKMOUTH Pup

\

Marty I'm talking about the swivel that are self made, not the ones out the store.

Like the one in this picture, something I can slip my collars threw. The guy that sells these only accepts money orders. I use paypal for all my buying needs. :D

Attached Files:

4. chainsoff

chainsoff Big Dog

Instead of searching everywhere, and possibly coming up empty, just break down and send the guy a money order, and get your swivels. I know paypal is quick and easy, but it's a short trip to the gas station, hey, grab the M O when you fuel up. The just a small stroll to the mailbox.

5. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

Why Waste Time Do What Chainsoff Said Quick And Easy And Trustworthy

6. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I agree with chainsoff, money orders are not that much of a hassel. You gotta do what you gotta do.

7. LOCKMOUTH

LOCKMOUTH Pup

I don't need them now. I got a buddy at my job to make me some with some solid thick o-rings that I had around the house

8. searkkennels

searkkennels Big Dog

very well bred dog lockmouth. a very good friend of mine owned that timex dog u see in your ped. he still has alot of dogs down from that, like the top side of your ped

9. Marty

Marty Guest

Cool, this is what we use...

Attached Files:

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Exactly, that set up is tried and tested, and not too costly. Plus you can change it slightly to fit your tastes. Me personally, I only have one O-ring on the collar side but it is as substantially bigger....but my O-ring connecting to the axle isnt quite as big. I cant imagine that swivel being as strong as this setup, and its probably easier to just do this instead of making your own swivels but to each there own I guess. If you use swivels like that, make sure you have a very solid peice of metal connecting them with some good welds on both ends.