1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

what is up with ears?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lockjaw, Mar 15, 2006.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

lately i have seen a lot of pit bulls with big pointy ears..not cropped...like german shepard style..are these mutts?

2. GACAM

GACAM Big Dog

i dont think so , cuz i have seen some butcher boys with ear's like that.

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Nope, just 'cause a bulldog has crazy ears doesn't mean their mixed. Things like ears never mattered too much. A lot of people choose to drop erect ears, I think they give the dog personality.

4. NOVICE

NOVICE Big Dog

There have been "bat eared" bulldogs throughout the history of the breed.

5. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

[​IMG]Here's one I just posted. Funny!!!

6. Oh my thats looks like what Raven did last night. She was playing with a toy and my husband sneezed. She looked up and both ears went straight in air. We about fell over laughing and she kept them up there for a good 30 minutes. I guess I should never have complained about them looking like flight wings because now I think she is going to have uppy ears. Its cute though and we love her no matter what.

7. now just my opion not a fact but i think that dogs with those kind of ears are to heavy inbred.and my reason for saying this is that almost every dog i have seen with those ears were very very inbred so thats why i say dogs that hve those ears are usualy really inbred.but like i said it is just my own experince not a fact or anything.

8. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

I love a bat eared dog.

I have always had good luck with bat eared dogs.

As far as them being inheavily inbred, I have seen it just as often with an outcross.

9. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

10. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Damn that's a sweet ped there GAPITS ;)

11. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Those dogs need thier ears cropped. They look rediculous.

12. mfrank465

mfrank465 Pup

I have seen some Six Bits dogs with the ears like that.

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

You should of run a "guess the bloodline" thread on THAT dog, I knew it was a Greenwood dog from the first glance! LOL

14. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

She is to easy to guess for any of those familiar with the line, lol, they all look alike, :)

15. mfrank465

mfrank465 Pup

Is that your female chinasmom she does look kinda funny.

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I think it gives them character. It's just cosmetic & the dogs don't seem to care.

17. Suki

Suki Guest

actually, some states are trying to ban ear/tail croppings.....(dockings)

18. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

and when they do people will just start doing it themselves. people around here already do because the closest vet that will is 45 min away. Let me tell you have seen ALOT of ear mutilations because people are doing it themselves

19. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

it just seemed to me like a little bull terrier in the blood some wheres.

20. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

There's a few pics in Stratton's books of APBTs with pricked ears. I'm not going to dig through and find them, but I remember one was a pretty little red girl that was "inbred Bruno-Heinzl breeding." Ears like that don't bother me as much as Labradorky full-drop ears.