1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Aadr

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by SLICK WILLIE, Apr 26, 2006.

1. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I have used ADBA AND BFKC, but have been invited to a AADR show. This will be my first show and new to the circle. How many of you have been to AADR shows? I guess getting my feet wet in the circle will be a good thing or bad thing. Gamedogs are what I started with and see if they will stand still for a moment in the circle. I feel they will do ok but I might get cold feet. It's a different view from the gamedog side and I just want to be ready for this venture. Some of you Doggers/showbies give me some advice to how to prepare for this show. I think I'm going to take Slick Willie but he is high drive and hell to slow down when its time to play. You doggers know how I feel and Gapits hit me up with some pointers so I don't look like an ass or at least not all ass! Thanks you Family of Doggers for all the support from start to finish!

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

everybody is green at some point,,I am always nevous with every spectator event I do,,its such a blast,,ya meet some good ppl,,no-one will look at ya like your an idiot,,everyone has been in your spot,,have a good time.

3. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

Thanks, T it's just different than playing with the boys ya know!

4. the_flamingo

the_flamingo Top Dog

The AADR shows are much more relaxed than the ADBA ones are. I'm not sure on pointers to give you other than control your dog, lol. I really like the AADR shows though, just about more so than the ADBA just because they are more relaxed. :)

5. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

The main advice I can give you, is to just jump in with both feet and hang on for the ride.Thats what we all did at some point, and so far I haven't seen anyone die from it, lmao........... We do quite well in the ADBA shows with ours and they are no cake walk either, they are high drive and don't play well with others. The main thing in any show ring is to make sure you have total control of your dog, because you can't always count on those around you to do so. I think Willie will do quite well for ya.

apbtluver likes this.