1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ants every where

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by gatorfangs, Jan 14, 2005.

1. hey everyone i need a lil help, i live in south texas and around here during the winter it get really hot and then it gets kinda cold. when it starts getting hot the fire ants come out and eat the hell out of every thing and get in my dogs kennel and bite the dogs. i was wondering to all that live in texas or places that fire ants or any other kind of ant comes out during the winter, spring, summer, and fall. so i guess all year ant control, lol. so help me out with the ants, so my dogs are happier all year long.

2. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

try a local pest control supply store. they sell spray pesticides that are pet friendly (they won't hurt your dog) that can get rid of the ants. several products on the market that you can get from say Wal-Mart can be very toxic to your dog. give me a day or two & i'll find the stuff i use. here in Louisiana we have the fire ant problem as well.

3. coo thanks for ya help miakoda

4. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

If you want you can sprinkle, sevens dust all around your dogs so the ants won't come near them. They won't cross that stuff and if they do, they'll die.

5. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Best to use a "bait type" of product. Something with the active ingredient hydramethylnon or fenoxycarb seem to be the most effective. Good luck

6. well i have used seven dust before but it gets blown or washed away by the weather, so im not going to used that any more

7. dhcrew

dhcrew Big Dog

WE USE AMDRO, IT IS AT WALMART, AND YOU PUT LITTLE PILES RIGHT BY THE NEST, THEY BRING IT DOWN, AND IT KILLS THEM ALL. INCLUDING THE QUEEN

oops just noticed the caps were on......darn kids typin again...lol

8. LadyRampage

LadyRampage Top Dog

we have problems with this at times as well... we've always had great luck with the seven dust...

we even have a nest of ants in the front yard that have a trail indented across the grass..lol