1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone from tennessee? Hog hunting question.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by John, Jun 1, 2008.

1. John

John Pup

Im new , so hi!

Anyway,im in northwest tennessee and im actually looking around for the nearest feral pig "infestation" so i can work my dogs and hunt.

I dont THINK the wild pigs have gotten bad enough around here to waste my time with,but i would not mind traveling a small distance to take out some hogs.

Anyone know where to start?:D

2. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Did you say northwest Tenn? I know centraL and north east tenn have hogs, but I have never heard of them in northwest tenn or the western part of Kentucky. Your best bet would probably be arkansas or central tenn.

3. ...the Columbus, GA area is battling an infestation as we speak, and that would be about a 5-6 hour drive from Nashville, TN. At Ft Benning, GA they are currently paying $40 a head to hog hunters...

4. John

John Pup

HOLY shit....getting PAID to hunt hog?thats amazing.

5. Claddagh_Reds

Claddagh_Reds Big Dog

I'm in the SW region of Tenn and we haven't even see any hogs around here, even out in the sticks.

6. John

John Pup

so where would be the closest place to jackson tn to go?

7. Claddagh_Reds

Claddagh_Reds Big Dog

I asked around and they said Arkansas

8. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

Central Alabama has some hogs, and also around crossville Tenn should be your closest places.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

2 hours south of Jackson in and around Ponotoc MS is eat-up with hogs.

We hunt there all the time.

10. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Last i herd Murry Co. (Columbia) has a bad spout of em over there....

11. Tattoo

Tattoo Pup

Give me a call next time you are in that area.

12. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

im guessing i would be considered south central tn, we have ~some~ hogs here, not running rampant though. now-copperheads, THAT's another story