1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Are colby's typically high energy/high drive?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by sgv_jester, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi guys I pm'd two people who owned colby's, but I thought hey what the hell i'll ask everyone who's owned one just so I can get a better idea. High energy/high drive, not sure if they're the same but I love that quality about apbt's.

And in general for all apbt's, are their energy levels similar?

2. I have a Colby bitch, my first Colby. She is nine months. She is quick and agile when wrestling with my other older male red nose and will go at it for hours. Each one feeding of each others energy. The red nose takes more of a beating but all in good fun. Yet my lil' Colby is just as happy being on my lap and great with with my kids.

3. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

the red nose? how is your colby bred?

4. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

he didnt say his colby had a red nose

5. peter92

peter92 Pup

who can tell me about quality puppies for sale?

6. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

I've had Colby dogs for over 50 years, some have been high drive and others not, like people...their all different!

7. AGame

AGame CH Dog

which can be said for every line in the breed all individual dogs are different

8. c_note

c_note CH Dog

just out of curiosity. did you ever do any breeding? if so, or not, what was the best colby cross you bred or owned?

9. c_note

c_note CH Dog

to blackcloud

10. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

Only an accidental cross...Sorrells/Colby

Gave all the pups away as pets except one who turned out nicely

11. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

12. BKNLS

BKNLS Big Dog

Got a bitch from Lou 5yrs ago. she has endless stamina, loves to work, and is great with my kids. She continues to impress me. Best cross? Colby x Heinzl.

13. Donnielove

Donnielove Banned

Hey any body know where I can get a pure Colby from?

14. Nina's Dad

Nina's Dad Big Dog

They're out there, but I would refer to the link Dutchy posted. Good luck.

15. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

X2,, if you have a low drive low energy dog, it prolly not a pitdog of any sort...LOL