1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

attending shows

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Wilson, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Wilson

Wilson Pup

this may be a dumb question but can you go to an adba or aadr if you do not have a dog...just to get an idea of what they are like...i have never gone and am interested in going sometime

2. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Yeah...you are not supposed to bring your dog anyway, unless you are showing. Its good that people do want to go to shows even though they don't have the dog, its fun to see a show and sometimes it gets people more involved, positively of course, in the breed

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Sure can. Last time I came home with a puppy some t-shirts and other stuff. Watched the pulling and show I didn't bring any of my dogs. Drove the Mustang so space was limited.

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

I'm actually going to my first show this weekend in PA. I'm just going to hang out and see what its all about. Can't wait!!

5. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Oh yeah go and watch and bring friends that might be intrested in showing too!! Watch the weight pull, it gets really exciting and every one gets into it. The conformation is exciting too, just dosn't get as loud! LOL
    I was actually invited to our first show by a friend of mine and thats when we came home with Bud 3 days after seeing him at the show. Well, I've been hooked since then, and that was almost 2 years ago.

6. Yes It is a learning experinece. You will see how your dogs need to look and how you should train them for conformation show. I still have trouble stacking my hyper dog. She also loves to weight pull even though she isn,t pulling enough weight to compete yet. I am going to put her in her fist adba weight pull in september I will do conformation before that. But yes the more shows you go to to even attend the more people you meet. I actually met the origional breeders of my dog at the kellyville show. That was interesteing. Well Just saying it is a learning experience for all.

7. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

I agree it is a great learning experience.