1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Completely Random

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by cemoreno, Jun 19, 2006.

1. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

I saved a bird. She was all tangled in a string she was hanging herself so I untangled her and set her free. Just something neat IMO anyhow.

P.S. Please forgive me for lack of makeup.

Attached Files:

Verderben, Vicki and (deleted member) like this.
  2. CB

CB CH Dog

We all here at game-dog are proud of you for saving a bird lol j/k.

3. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

Interesting...the one thing my dog loves...you saved..ha have a good day!

4. asaj

asaj Big Dog

I, myself, thinks that was great!

5. that was very good on your part cemo,shows you really like animals.and our breed needs all of that it can get.

6. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I try and save what I can too,,if its right infront of u,,what are ya gonna do? good for u

7. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Yeah me too. If it takes you only a few moments of your time and minimal energy to save an animals life. It woud be cruel to look away. I always try to save things... even bugs. I tried to save a bird once, kept it in a cage ( couldn't fly ) and it died. I also had two little squirells... they died too. It's kind of hard to keep wild things.

I am very happy to hear you saved the cute bird!

8. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Way to go! I saved one at work last week he flew into a shed display and was knocking himself silly on the skylights. I tried to grab him a couple of times, and he kept getting away. Finally I just reached up and he flew right into my hand. I always try to help animals in need. Hell, I've stopped to let toads cross the road and stopped to move turltes off the road.

9. Attila

Attila Guest

Good job. I love song birds. Makes morning coffee on the deck nicer. That and watching the Humming birds at my little bottle feeders. That is cool

10. Marty

Marty Guest

Well I saved a hawk one time, I guess it got hit by a car, I passed it on the road right by the white line and it did not fly off, so I stopped and it ran on it's belly, so I reached down and tryed to grab it but it grabbed me on the hand, I messed with it for 15-20 mins trying to get it off my hand with out luck and thought I would have to rip it out of my hand, I finally got it off and was bleeding like a stuck pig and a old lady stopped and said son! is that a hawk? I said yes ma'am, she said why that thing will eat you up, I said yes, ma'am I realize that now, I hogged tied it and put it in the back of the car and took it home and put it in a chicken pen because I couldn't get in touch with anybody to take it, the next day after work I came home and had to catch it again out of the chicken pen, there was nothing wrong with it the next day, so I had a friend out side the walk-in pen to get its attention and I went in and caught it again without it getting me, lol ,I took it to noahs ark in a basket they wanted me to take it out, I said no, I brought it to you, you get it out, I'm not messing with it anymore,that thing sunk its claws in me I know 1/2 to 3/4 an inch, I will never do that again, well thats my life with trying to help out with them :D

11. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

LMAO,,,,crack me up!

12. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Well Marty, you did good for the hawk. Give yourself a pat on the back for it. Some animal might have come along & killed it. Good man! And for anyone, who does the same.

13. Attila

Attila Guest

Dag gum Marty. I wouldn't have touched that sucker again either. I bet it took your mind off the other hurting parts of your body for a moment.

14. WOW...a fight with a woundet hawk...and the hawk won! LOL thats a nice story to tell the grandchilds years later.I think to help a defenseless creature (human or animal)is a must.

15. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

nice job cemoreno. can you post the bird's ped? jk

16. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

GREAT JOB!!!I saved a kitten and am keep it.I also found two other kittens a home congrats/.

17. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

I saved a baby bird too but it died

18. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

ha ha you should see what is sitting in a cage on my front porch .........a rescued duck!

19. Grant

Grant Pup

good for you!

20. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

Thank you guys and gals I appriciate the kind words. She was an adult Chickadee. She was caught in some string that had got tied around her neck so i took some tweezers and gently blew on her to find the knot then I very carefuly untied it then set her free. She probably has a nest somewhere close to my work. I'm truely glad that she wasn't a hawk!! Ahhh, I have already got pucture scrars from a siamese cat all up and down my arms no more please!