1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Conditioning in the summer

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by pohl78, Jul 1, 2015.

1. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Every season you can get a dog in shape.
    Never had any problems whatsoever with it.
    Start early in the morning, cool them of enough, inbetween and after.

@Aseelman gave a good advice ; Put your dog’s welfare first, use common sense and don’t get money blind.

Sleep and slim12 like this.
  2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I was never a fan of the dogs and the heat, but......I look at the odds as much as I can and then I factor them into the plan going forward.

Most can't get a dog right in the cold weather and even fewer can do it in the heat. So if I feel comfortable with a dog in the heat then I feel like I am one up on the 'fraternity'.

If you nail it down in the heat the odds swing heavily to one side.

S

Sleep, AGK and F.W.K. like this.
  3. I always loved dogs, can't imagine my life without them. I got 2 labradors and I try do everything for them to feel comfortable, especially when is hot outside.

4. I even bought one more AC for them to not suffer from the heat, thanks to the guys from socool.sg with this, they installed it fast and had a great attitude towards me and my dogs, now I can always count on their help if I will need something else in the future and my dogs can sleep well during this time of heat, which was a big problem until now.

5. Liselelal

Liselelal Pup

I live in Florida and here you can't be jealous of the dogs that are taken out for a walk around 9:00 a.m. It's too hot for them already. I always walk my dog around 6 a.m. and after 10 p.m. He has a very voluminous coat, it's especially hard for him to be in the heat. In winter it's easier, then I can take him out at lunch time. I`ve had an air conditioner in my apartment for a long time https://www.airconservicing.org/ so it`s much easier for the animal. And you also need to give him water more often, cold (but not ice cold) water should be available at all time. Also I spray him with water. There is also such a useful thing as a cooling mat.

6. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

I lived out in Florida we always found a way to get it done ! now I’m in Tennessee I’d be lying if said I didn’t miss Florida

david63 likes this.
  7. Sallymilr

Sallymilr Banned

I made a special "playground" with an advanced air conditioning system. It both for my summer chilling and for my boy Gregory.

8. Sallymilr

Sallymilr Banned

I made a special "playground" with an advanced air conditioning system. It's both for my summer chilling and for my boy Gregory. Usually, I give him about 10-15 minutes to play under the sun. This time is enough for him to ask me to get him back to the playground and enjoy the chilly pool for an hour. But a running 24/7 aircon has its drawbacks. I even bookmarked hvac contractors tampa fl, as my air conditioners underperform from time to time. And as I see, I'm not the only guy here from Florida. Our state is sunny as hell.

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Very rarely were confirmation shows done in the middle of the summer before sundown. So folks working there dogs around showtime. It ain't like the dogs being conditioned are sitting outside on chain spots. If they are then you a fool who already lost.