1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Does Patterdale really have APBT BLOOD RELATIONSHIP ?

Discussion in 'Patterdale Terriers' started by Bolio ROM, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Bolio ROM

Bolio ROM Pup

[​IMG] upload_2022-9-14_18-41-41.jpeg

Attached Files:

ckBone and david63 like this.
  2. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Different breed of terrier, Patterdale is an variant of the Fellterrier originated in North West England but some folks likes to cross pats with pits.

T.P.C., stedz, david63 and 1 other person like this.
  3. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

BTW Rebel's Bossy have nothing to do with an Patterdale LOL

Bolio ROM likes this.
  4. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Patterdales ware around in UK before APBT came there

5. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Yes the fell terrier is the original, But it is a cross of all the best earth terriers of the time. Many lines from over seas cross bull blood, Pit blood and staff blood. Ken Gould kept one to breed back, same with Booth and many note worthy other's. Hard now days to find one with little to no bull type blood from over seas.

david63 likes this.
  6. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Is Booth noteworthy LOL.

7. stedz

stedz Top Dog

I dont know a single black dog in my area,that has any overseas Bull blood in them at all,and i didnt think Ken used it.

8. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Kenny used all sorts of different types, Russell, Lakeland and staff. Ask Mr. Gill about it he seen his yard 1st hand. I know the older stuff had more Lakeland and Russell. The later stuff had more staff especially the A.C. stuff.

david63 likes this.
  9. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Is Booth Note worthy don't know only talked to him once. He has produced the type most pit bull guys like. Hard as nails animal fighters that go for broke take alot of damge. They cross and make a complete dog to something that can locate good give them a bit of sense. Most pit bull type like them fight crazy type terriers. Then by the time they understand digging and hunting it's to late all they have is a yard of fight crazy terriers that take more stick then they give.

10. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Pit bull type 2as in the UK before Patterdale types. The pit bull came to America because of the laws, now the same with Patterdale type now since 2004 law in the UK. If morons keep it up hunting will be outlawed with terriers as well. Thanks to the Idiots using Mark Z. Platforms.

david63 likes this.
  11. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

in GB it is already illegal to hunt fox underground with terriers ,

david63 and stedz like this.
  12. stedz

stedz Top Dog

ken was a peddler.everyone knows that,but ive never been aware of him breeding Apbt into his stuff.

13. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Do you dig bigger earths over US or something? and how many generations before they start breeding true again,and terriers are actually spanable?

david63 and Dusty Road like this.
  14. for many years many famous patterdale man came and bred with my dogs I dont understood why they said my line could hunt alone
    I never bred for it they would sometimes send me pictures and videos of hunts above and underground
    from what I understood they kept them a quarter or less more didnt work well for multiple hunts they would get stupid and be wasted after a season

david63 likes this.
  15. stedz

stedz Top Dog

I dont understand it personally,i mean patterdales are generally too hard anyway,on bigger game they just get smashed up,i know terriermen have always put a dash of bull terrier in here and there,this was usually when the dogs were getting a bit puny,but they used uk or irish staffs not apbt,im sure Dusty would have known a few men who did this,men like peter gorman,willie delaney etc.but those dogs were a lot smaller than your average apbt. At the end of the day,if a working terrier cant go where a fox can go,its a pretty useless terrier.

T.P.C., Dusty Road and david63 like this.
  16. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

david63 likes this.
  17. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

20 month female flys through are sets in northwest territory.

Attached Files:

david63 likes this.
  18. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Good quote from D. Mason

Attached Files:

david63 likes this.
  19. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Is any current terrier breeder in the UK note worthy?
    I only bought terriers from men in the state's that had the same lines from the 1970's and 1980's and I could go dig with them and watch the stock work. But as time has gone by a different breed of people are in terriers now in the 2000's ones that will turn you into animal rights advocates and they no longer let people come to hunt or by pups if you aren't one of the old crew. Just how the states are changing.

20. T.P.C.

T.P.C. Big Dog

Agreed over here if a terrier can't go where a groundhog goes they aren't worth feeding. I talked with a few regular over seas they all say they like them with a bit of sense. Pit bull type people here in the state's are looking to replace the pit bull with these terriers but they fail to realize that these terriers are hunting terriers not fighting dogs. Most of them I see doing this couldn't make it in the dog fighting community. Most of them should try reading a book before they jump in and ruin terriers for the rest of us in the states.