1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Earl Jr dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by gh32, Mar 29, 2009.

1. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

Maybe it's earl Jr that is paper hung that is if you believe he came from earl.

2. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

btw, who is the "he" that you are referring to?

3. NGK

NGK Top Dog

I had a pure white dog pop up out of nowhere in a breeding I did about 10 years ago, the foundation was Majority Eli, Boze. She was a hard dog with all of the qualities that the line produced, just white...

NGK

4. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

it happens from time to time

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

But a recessive gene can also be hidden meaning not physically seen in the parent's but in order for that gene to be physically seen or expressed in the offspring both parent's MUST be carriers of that recessive gene or the recessive gene cannot be expressed.

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

So in other words if both parent's are not carrying that particular recessive gene there will be no white dogs seen in the offspring.

recessive trait definition
    In genetics, a trait that must be contributed by both parents in order to appear in the offspring. Recessive traits can be carried in a person's genes without appearing in that person. For example, a dark-haired person may have one gene for dark hair, which is a dominant trait, and one gene for light hair, which is recessive. It is thus possible for two dark-haired parents to have a light-haired child, provided each parent contributes a gene for light hair.

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yes it does but the gene would have to be inherited or passed along from a dog within that particular family of dogs somewhere down the line and both parent's would have to be carriers of that gene for it to even be seen in the offspring if it's not a common color within this family of dogs it's very unlikely that it would pop unless the color was introduced into this family or passed along through another breeding maybe an outcross done somewhere down the line. I do know from studying ped's many of the Eli dog's I have seen have been black or red so it would be very unlikely for a white dog to just pop up unless there was some shady business going on. Regardless I am just adding my input from the genetic side of things.

8. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

must have jack russel in it lol

9. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

what kind of shady business? like hanging papers? unless you were there for every breeding, you dont know how the dog was bred. papers are just that papers. like i said maybe it's earl jr.

10. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Your right unless you witness the breeding yourself you don't know how said dog was bred that would include yourself. Were you there to see the breeding did you see each of the offspring from said breeding? Mirage asked a fair question where are the other white or mostly white earl jr dogs ? I would be curious to see some myself because if that particular recessive gene exists within this family of dogs than there would certainly have been more accounts of white dogs seen other than just that one dog and I am not talking about CH Casper's offspring I am talking about the dog's behind CH casper.

11. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

Do i sound like i was there for every breeding?

12. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Big Dog

IM talking about tom

13. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I guess Mirage is correct than and you don't know of any white or mostly white earl jr dogs .... If anyone can produce one I would like to see it that is if one exists.

14. Buzzard

Buzzard Pup

Britches would be my best explanation for this

15. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

Yeah, but wasn't really thinking about that!...I was thinking of the assassin dogs!...we call them blacc Redboy dogs!...ppl bred those dogs to red/redboy dogs and alot of the pups came out blacc and they are still around!!..will trick the average person cause the first thing they think of is Eli dogs!!...lol...but is far from the case!!...those dogs are still around being bred to redboy dogs and they still are throwing blacc redboy dogs!!...I luv that assassin shit!!....if buddy says he wouldn't take a blacc Redboy dog because it is blacc, it's because he doesn't kno about them..lol

16. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

17. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

never looked for them, so i wouldnt know.

18. bluebeard

bluebeard Big Dog

gotchya, thanks for clearing that up

19. deerhunter

deerhunter Big Dog

Lots of useful info in this post, thanks for sharing the knowledge.

20. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

I know what you mean,.....but he specifically said "inbred redboy;"....I think we know what he means as well. Clearly there should be black redboy dogs showing up in the line you mentioned,...no matter how linebred on redboy the dogs are after that initial cross the dominant black color is in there and will show.

kiwidogman likes this.