1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

First Heat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BishopBullyZ13, Apr 16, 2009.

1. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

Do There Nipples Tend to Swell?........I Patch Every nook adn Crevis is the yard wehn she was in heat so i dont think shes prego......But her nipples Seem to be quite swollen.?? just curious if this is natural.....thnks!

2. 440rider

440rider Guest

yes they do...keep her penned up during her cycle. she will back up to one through a fence if you don't have her contained.

3. Renee

Renee Big Dog

Yup. And you need to watch for false pregnancy and mastitis as well. It doesn't always happen, but trust me, if it does it will totally freak you out.

When I have a bitch in heat, she's inside the house with the doors locked and when she needs to go out it's on a leash, in my yard, AFTER I've made sure there are no other dogs outside.

All the precautions remove a lot of stress ;)

4. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

best not to squeeze nipples checking for milk either, this could jump start milk production and mastitis could occur. keep her contained best you can.

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Yeap, Pretty soon it will be time to lock her up. How is she bred again?