1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Found Dogs

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Envy's Mom, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

The night before last I was on my way home from my cousin's house around 9 PM and I saw two dogs in the road. I slammed on my brakes to keep from hitting them. The cars around me were all stopping and honking at the little dogs because they were just running towards the cars. I got out of the car and called the dogs. They ran up to me and I threw them in the car and went to the corner store. I asked the man behind the counter in anyone was looking for lost dogs and he said no, but don't leave them here. I took them home. They were healty and well taken care of. (short nails, clean ears and coat) I knew when I saw one it was a Beagle of some sort and the other a strange terrier dog. I thought he looked like a Basenji, but I have never seen one in person. I fed them and took some pic before going to bed.

Yesterday I made signs and hung them around the area I picked up the dogs. I got a call last night from a mother who said her little girl, with my same name, accidentally let the dogs out of the back yard together and they ran off. So I took the dogs to her house and begged her to put collars and tags ont he dogs. It turns out the terrier dog was a full blooded Basenji that is her nephews that had to go to Iraq. He was such a cool dog. I want one now. He was the sweetest little dog.

I am glad I found their owners but I miss the Basenji dog.

2. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

Basenji's are really neat,thet have a ton of personalitie and their little faces are so cute ,they kinda remind me of rats.

3. Excelsior-Mom

Excelsior-Mom Big Dog

Good job:D were you able to do any APBT campaigning?

4. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

What exactly do you mean by APBT campaigning?

5. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

talking good about them and making new friends for the breed i beleive. basenji's are nice dogs. glad to see it worked out :)

6. Michele

Michele Guest

Basenji's are very cool little dogs....