1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Frozen Semen.......

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Yardboy, Dec 3, 2010.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

a really game loser is the best bet sometimes . ch's are real great but it does'nt mean their game . you look at the bitch and what she has . then go to your frozen and pick the best male to pair her up with .

Ssdd likes this.
  2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

3. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Truth is nowadays the price of frozen dictate the future of the blood. Guys paying 3-7k for 10+ year old straw is doing nothing but raising puppies to breed and sell.

4. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

How many breeding can be done out of a straw or vial however they keep it .the farthest I've gotten is to watching my old male get a reach around thenn20 mins later the vet telling me the dog had no sperm .I could see it being a great way to going back to a certain point

5. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Based on my super limited research... depends. Be it pellets, straws, process and dog. I've heard of 1 pull being 5 pellets(5 surgical breeding) next round was straws and netted 3 breedings off 1 pull.