1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Good news! Always... on the road with Spirit...

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by beemerchef, Mar 17, 2007.

1. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

Hells' Canyon... OR/ID

[​IMG]

Hell’s Canyon… OR/ID

Sometimes all falls in place even better than imagined. Along the Snake River, by a little town called Oxbum, the BLM campsites are the best I have ever experienced. It is 6am, nice and cool, even during the day the heat has not been too bad, this would be actually the time to ride. The nice breeze has taken the smoke away, the nearest camper is about one mile away, that might change on the weekend, and again, long overdue, I can listen to the silence…

So many different destinations from here. We did ride to Hell’s Canyon Dam, the little town of Halfway, will probably get up the Mountains a bit later on today toward Joseph and check out the Lookout, which road has just reopened yesterday.

This the Oregon High Desert with an incredible variety of terrains which holds its own against any other Desert.

Our first days here, on the website

Be well… Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com/

2. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Wow, you two are truely inspirational....what a great example of a fine dog and his master...Motorcycles too!!!!!!! Someday!!! Love the dog in the little canoe???? Does the dog ride that way?

Very Cool!!! God Bless!

3. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

Halfway, to Joseph and some thoughts... OR

Yes, he rides like "THAT"... not safe at all... but... I met them for about 1/2 an hour... not my place to say much about it... they have been going like that for about two years now with no incident...

[​IMG]

Halfway, to Joseph and some thoughts… OR

Camping here by the Snake river in such isolation and serenity seems to have brought up so many thoughts regarding life itself and the path that I am on. I write about it, they are personal thoughts, friends have asked me how can I expose them all so publicly, I do, there is nothing to hide… If anything they might help others dig deep into themselves and in turn communicate them with their own friends and loved one, maybe appreciate their own path a bit more and take the time to “smell the roses”! It brings up such a calm feeling when one can really stay in touch with themselves without the burden of the daily grind… something to try. It will only bring up the reality of it all… maybe help taking some decisions that might not have been otherwise!

The riding also continues here, such little traffic, such beautiful roads where the sights and the smells take over any other present senses.

Halfway is a great little town… all with some pictures here…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

4. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

A Diamond in the rough... OR

[​IMG]

Diamond in the rough… OR

I always try to come up with a title that would be fitting… this one is! Seems like I just can’t sit back in this area… between going to Halfway to eat at Mimi’s… riding along the Snake River… Hells Canyon… an old friend in Joseph… the Farmer’s market… an organic Peach Orchard… it just does not stop! Tomorrow was planned to be a totally, I call it, “veggie” day… you know, do nothing day… but it is HOT again, unbearable during the day and it is time to move a few miles to some cooler temps… Just a few miles!

In the meantime my front Ohlin shock has decided to sip oil again… might have to take a quick run to?… Portland?… Bend?… Clarkston?… to have it fixed… If anyone knows of an Ohlin service shop near by… please let me know…

Enjoy the colors on the website

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website

5. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

More Halfway... OR

[​IMG]

More Halfway… OR

With still much unexplored roads in this area we have just moved to some cooler grounds. No surprise as I understand now why they call it “Hells Canyon”… a bit unbearable… when you are riding and hot air hits your face… it’s time to go on. We have settled near Halfway, maybe we are just getting too comfortable near this small town. Population… 350. Still working on the logistics about getting 3 new tires and a front shock fixed from a small oil leak… The logistics about living on the road!

Another recipe… a failed dinner (not mine!)… all on the website.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website...

6. Suki

Suki Guest

DOES look hot, Beemer, but pics look awesome as usual. Continued safe journey!
    and we'll ttys!
    as always, rubber down and hugs to Spirit! :)

7. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

Life in the slow lane... OR

Thanks Suki... clouds today finally!!! It has been like a furnace...

[​IMG]

Life in the slow lane… OR

Waiting for tires… they seem to vanish a bit faster by their end and so, staying local… Back to the Peach Orchard and getting healthier by the minute on this diet of fresh and delicious produce available around here. I almost feel like I am going to a cleansing of both the soul and the body! The temps are not letting down, they are calling for some clouds soon which will cool things off, in the meantime Spirit has a real hard time with the heat… and then he also has a real hard time with the cold! Life is rough for short hair dogs. Will need to find a good source for some warm coats for the winter coming up soon. Finally posting a few pictures from our visit to the Interpretive Oregon Trail Center where I learned a lot about the hardships of the Pioneers… “rough” does not begin to describe their own Journey.

All on today’s website

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

8. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

A bunch of old buildings... OR

[​IMG]

A bunch of old buildings… OR

More than $20 million dollars have come out of this town while busy with more than 1000 miners! We stopped downtown… on the dirt road where now silence was the only dividend of that fortune found years ago. Some buildings still stand with no one around… much to think about!

A summer recipe considering all the fresh produce I cannot get enough around here… and that about does it for today!

Some of the pictures have been processed with a new HDR software I have been trying… time consuming. The jury is still out… what do you think?

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

9. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

pictures are great..keep living our dreams:cool:

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Always look forward to your posts! Just wanted to thank you for sharing this ride with us- we are so fortunate to have you taking us on this journey. Smooches to Spirit...;)

11. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

Thank you... sometimes... we have to however fix things!!!... like tomorrow...

But... for most of the time it all goes well.

[​IMG]

The road to Fish Lake… Or

Finally tomorrow am my front shock should be off the bike in the hands of GP Suspension… I am actually posting this from Oregon City… where we are spending the night at Tom’s and Sue’s house, “Road Rash” on Adv Rider!… a great time, including Spirit with his new girl friend Sandy… he gets around doesn’t he?

But today’s Blog is about our little excursion up to Fish Lake… at a bit above 6000 feet, one of the most serene, peaceful and beautiful area I have experienced yet.

We will be back to camp by tomorrow night… in the meantime you can check out the pictures on the website

Be well….

Ara & Spirit

12. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

To Portland and back... OR

[​IMG]

To Portland and back… OR

Adventure Rider Forum has a great thread called “the tent space” where whoever can offer shelter, a room, a bed, tools… whatever they can for the passer by riding through if needed, does. I rarely use it… have in the past when broken down with great experiences ending up with great new friends. This was the case again a couple days ago when I needed to have my front Ohlin shock rebuilt by GP Suspension in Oregon City… great guys by the way… (seems that everything is “great” today!!!). We stayed with Tom and Sue (Road Rash and Tequila Girl… there has to be a story or two here!) making our outing so much more pleasant and easy. Thank you guys… and Sandy… and Glenn (Geode) for having started this great thought on the Forum.

A quick 800 miles round trip through rain and cold and a head wind for a while… it was all part of riding! At the end… a great sunset, Mother Nature had the palette out and was not sparing any colors…

The whole story is here

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

13. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

The Kleinschmidt loop... OR

[​IMG]

The Kleinschmidt Grade… OR

You try typing that one a few times!… Great loop through Oxbow, Cuprum and Council, Cambridge and back here. Empty roads for the most parts, dirt and gravel but made for Buick… besides that height… vertigo problem on the grade, it was another fine day. A big piece of banana cream pie that almost put me to sleep halfway back and some history of the area… all on the website.

Be well… Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website…

14. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

A great loop... OR

[​IMG]

A great loop… OR

If you have any kind of vehicle that would slightly do some mild off road riding, driving… this loop is a great one, not to be missed. It will take you from some of the least visited part of the Snake River to more deserted roads going up Lookout Mountain and finally back to the start. A little bit of gravel, sand, rocks, ruts… you name it! A few thousands of feet elevation change… all this in one day… who would have known this! In Oregon.

I narrated the pictures today the best I could… enjoy the website…

Be well

Ara & Spirit

15. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

Everything is a compromise... OR

[​IMG]

Everything is a compromise… OR

Evolution?… Getting older? Straying from true form? From tent and riding every single mile of a Journey to trailering and living in an RV…

I have had issues with those facts truly, I think I have come to terms with it, I have to if we want to continue living on the road for many more years, that is the big difference versus traveling.

I thought I would show you a bit how we now live… I am not complaining… hot water, shower, cooking with more ease… even a freezer! A few pictures here…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

16. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

so many more roads... OR

[​IMG]

So many more roads… OR

There is no lack of roads, doable roads, here in Eastern Oregon, this also includes Western Idaho. With no end to it… The weather had held up beautifully, nice, specially for the coming County Fair and Rodeo coming up this weekend… never been to one and I am looking forward to this new page of experiences. I wonder if Spirit is also?… could he make maybe new friends?

More pictures on the website…

Be well…

Ara and Spirit

17. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

What really matters... OR

[​IMG]

What really matters… OR

I admit, a lot of time for introspect while living on the road… specially when discarding what does not matter. One become’s sensitive to its surroundings and own desires on how to live. It is a raw life more than ever, the tasks do not vanish, but a certain concept of freedom increases.

We also had a visit from a friend I had not seen in 3 years or more, a little ride up a Lookout point which had been closed due to the fires… I am learning how to create web pages to incorporate a magazine within my Blog which I will name “my first hundred years’… it is all here

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

18. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

Re: What really matters... OR

Beemerchef: Wow! Just spend a hour or so reading all of your stuff on here. Truly amazing! I love the side car for Spirit. If I ever have a motorcycle, i'll need a sidecar on both sides (is that legal) for my two boys! Have fun and safe driving!

Andrew

19. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

My first Rodeo... Halfway, OR

Love your boys!!! I think they will fit in one!!! Let me know when you are ready...

[​IMG]

My first rodeo… Halfway, OR

From the Deserts and Canyons to this small town of Halfway, experiencing my first Rodeo and Fair was a great experience. Population 350, grown to maybe a thousand for the weekend, it was all about family, kids and friendships. A total “feel good” three days. No Nintendo here, no electronics… but horses and livestock with fathers, mothers and their kids portraying this lifestyle unfound in the big city.

So many picture opportunities here… I had a blast with the camera, people and the animals… great people!

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

20. beemerchef

beemerchef Top Dog

More Rodeo... OR

[​IMG]

This is one Blog I really enjoyed posting, at the same time as much as I felt welcomed, I also felt a bit as I was watching from the other side of the window. The “family” presence was so strong and in retrospect I have looked deeply at my own life these past couple of days… I cannot help feeling a sense of envy… feeling a missing link… as Spirit and I are such a small family ourselves… too small! But… such is life you know.

So I could not fit 3 days of Rodeo and Fair in one Blog! More of it today, including some of the Parade, the little guys riding… wild lambs, more Livestock being sold at auction meaning sometimes a substantial income for those kids. On the whole, a total family affair. I’ll spare you a third day!

We have not done any riding these past few days! How strange… just walking back and forth to watch it all.

6 more days and we will start the long way down to Big Bend, Texas. As much as I will miss Halfway, I am looking forward to it. We were there for 3 weeks a while back and barely scratched the surface, hopefully the photography also will be exciting.

Enjoy the pictures…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit