1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

History of Bulldogs in the Islands ?

Discussion in 'International' started by Mextra, Sep 21, 2015.

1. All of the eid reid blood was imoprted from the usa there is plenty still about pure and outcrossed but mostly the active kennels have only got a small addidition of ie outcrossed, they are mostly known for ther durability, the comp in europe is very strong and has been for the last 15 years and is getting stronger.

2. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

3. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

Man, it has been a while since I have posted here.
    Its good to be back!
    Well, I am from The Bahamas and the scene here is shit!

Back in the early 2000"s I got my first game bred dog with the hopes of completely dominating the competition. Here is the ped of my baby http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=104162.

Anyway, I schooled her properly and she passed her "test" with FLYING colors. She was outweighed by 15 lbs for her test.
    So I set a date for her first contest. We had an excellent keep. It was over in 10-12 min (pick up).
    After this nothing! I could not find one damn person who was into the sport. This got so frustrating.

Chiwa was an extremely gifted wrestler, tons of stamina, excellent athletic ability and game ness off the charts. She was like a tic once she got on the head!
    I am 100% certain if the competition was here in The Bahamas she would have atleast become a 3x.

I thought about coming to the US to "have fun" but it was not feasible for me at the time.

I would LOVE for the sport to take off here so that I can scratch this itch that I have but I do not see it happening.

Take care.

Bahamian

niko likes this.
  4. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Welcome back. What happened to her? Did you breed her, sell her?

5. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

Thanks my brother.

Unfortunately my baby died about 5 years ago from kidney failure.
    I never got the chance to properly breed her. I was going to send her back to the breeder I got her from to be bred to a male bred similar to her. Unfortunately, she got sick and we were never able to do it.

However, she did have one litter that was unplanned. One of my scatter bred males got loose and they had a litter. There was one male in the litter that was simply a "monster" (Akin). I actually have two females and one male left that are all sired by Akin (but different dams).

I am considering doing a brother/ sis breeding to see if I can recreate Chiwa. I do not know if the breeding will take though because my dogs are about 9-10 years old and they have never been bred. But, they still behave as if they are two years old!

niko and oakgrove like this.
  6. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Good luck!!

7. niko

niko CH Dog

Nice bred animal....good dogs behind her

8. tuco

tuco Pup

What part of bahamas(bahamian)I have friends down there !!!

9. How is ironhead buried in the islands when he died on carvers yard in 1970? ppl witnessed this. They musta got sold a dog they thought was him or sum shit. The smut widows peak was produce but several different dogs carver had. Pistol. Crackers sisters an bro’s. Kinards blk an tan buck. An most of any Dibo Widow mixtured dogs

10. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Dusty Road likes this.
  11. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

that pedro dog, i know little about but what a beautiful animal. looks like he was carved from solid jett. some nice dogs behind him too BWK's Pedro.jpg

Dusty Road, AGK, c_note and 1 other person like this.
  12. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Thanks mate.. Appreciate the photo, Pedro a clone of his litter sister! Terrible manbiters, but jesus could they hunt!

david63 and Finito like this.
  13. Finito

Finito Big Dog

He still goes on about that litter & the step forward he believed he made..........

oldguy likes this.
  14. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

The breeder was complete visionary mate.. Hands down best dogman I ever met!

david63 and Finito like this.
  15. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Finito , oldguy was sheena black a manbiter or did it come from elmo ?

david63 likes this.
  16. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I always wondered about that myself mate? Fact is I'm not too sure? CH. Sheena Black sired by Reid's Rangitang who also sired CH. Jacko (manbiter) who produced more of the same.. I believe Reid took Rangitang out of his breeding program due to him reproducing that unwelcome trait.. Can't say I'm 100% on that but it's what I believe... I really don't know much about Limey dogs, but I met a few that was horrible bastards, including a triple bred Nelis male I owned.

I saw Sid and Tyson (ch.elmo x ch.sheena) and both brutal with Sid being the gamer IMO.. Saw a litter sister at the breeders place and she was a very nice female.. Tyson was off the wall crazy around people and Sid was just a beautiful, gentle dog until he hunted.. Photo below is a son of Tyson I owned that was out of a Curstopper female or Staff female, depending on which Yarrakin lie you choose to believe haha!
    Murphy.jpg

17. stickler

stickler Banned

This dog was bred on top down of Jansen's Ch Spike (before Limey) bred to a bitch out of Calahan's Angie (Zebo x Tomsic's Spider ROM) bred to Stepp's Clyde (Gr Ch Angus x Ruby, Zebo's sis).
    His sire is double bred on the dam. These breedings produced some really mean ones. The dangerous stuff.
    Better don't try to run. lol

Attached Files:

Soze the killer likes this.
  18. Finito

Finito Big Dog

SB was not a manbiter & showed good temperament,including around youngsters........

oldguy and reids skipper like this.
  19. i remember a guy rodwood , dogwood

20. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

Yeah RC he ended up with joe montana