1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

House dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DirtyD, Feb 20, 2011.

1. jacko

jacko CH Dog

good post !!

2. dogmatic

dogmatic Banned

for me i like to bring a dog in the house for the purpose of bonding and also when the weather is really bad. by bringing them in the house @ the fam gives the dog great inter action with people and different sounds and noises. which imo is something that a dog needs speically if its a active show dog

3. wheezie

wheezie Big Dog

i rotate mine inside and outside. i am top nervous about having a dog stolen so i don't leave them out when i am not home

4. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

lets be honest socialization is key with our dogs and i dont let just any random person interact with my bulldogs so in order for them to get the socialization they stay in my house it makes a great bond and your dog

5. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Speaking as someone who has owned more than a few bulldogs over the years, I have always said "House dogs are born and not made". What I mean by that, is that some dogs take naturally to the house and some don't no matter how hard you try. There is no use trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. With that said, I have always tried to bring all my dogs into the house and house break them, but some had ideas of their own - like "Oh boy it sure is fun to tear everything up in here." So, usually I had one dog who was a designated house dog and most of the others came in for visits.

6. I have an apartment dog! He is 12 weeks old right now and we plan to keep him a mainly inside dog for the duration of his life. He loves it and he gets plenty of outside time with walks at the park and around the block.

7. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Great Post!

I agree with the bolded. I tried to house break Vaya and Hillbilly. But they had other ideas.

We have a house dog. He has been raised in the house and is 8 next month. He has done time on the chain as well. I leave him with roam of the house. I have one other I will bring in when it gets to cold. Because I want to.

All the other ones do get house time. My Vaya will never be a house dog. Either will Hillbilly they both do not care about shitting in their crates. So therefore they will never be in here full time. However they do get time inside like the rest.

I like to house break pups (or try to) because you never know when you ahve to bring them in.

8. my dogs go out for the better part of the day then are caged inside at night...but if one of them is out itll literally eat at the walls lol

9. Like some one else said ...there born not made. The best hound i ever had was a house dog, But that was up to him lol He loved to own the yard but deep inside he loved more to be around his family who showed him what he truely was The King!!!! Try and get some pic's up soon to prove it lol

10. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Gaud... I hate that. I had a foster here that would shit in her blankets and roll them up... like seriously... for months on end... so annoying....
    :rolleyes:

11. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

It would be easier if she rolled them up. No she likes to dance in it. She is lucky I love her crazy ass. But she is a nut job.

12. Gmaculous

Gmaculous Pup

I have 3 house dogs and chain them purely for purpose of exercise. I usually
    Chain one dog while I flirtpole the other in front of them.
    My dog on the chain is working as hard as my dog flirting then I switch. Great exercise!!:D