1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I Killed Another PIt bull today

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by maryellen1, Mar 2, 2006.

1. simms

simms CH Dog

That's right this breed is not for everyone!

No animal should have to live in or the life of a shelter. IMO it is one of the worst forms of cruelty that exsist....and I'm generly speaking, no specific breed.

Wether those animals ppl were good or bad, those animals are waiting on them to come and pick them up. Can you imagine that most animals do have a concept of time.

The Idea of surrendering your animal to the shelter in hopes that they will find another home b/c you dont have the spine to do whats right.

You can sign your name to a check, why not the release forms for Euthinasia.

2. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Everyday the dog and I go on a walk. Pretty well 10 thousand miles, with me tethered to him, up until now.Everyday there are people that want to meet my dog because he acts and behaves like a dog. It must be a Lab, they conjecture aloud, to me.

"Uh? No. It's a Staffordshire Terrier." I, inevitably, say.

"Why don't you just let people think that it's a lab... ?" some people say.

"It's a Staffordshire Terrier. They're sweethearts. Bad dog... bad owner." is my general response.

Their response is either the draining of the blood from their cheeks because they are petting a pit bull or thought it looked like a pit bull!.

Their reputation precedes them. They are much maligned. They are, outright, lied about. You can see the wheels whirring. "My hand and fingers are still there? My throat is still in order? Nah. They're kidding. It's really a Lab!" They are surprised that when another dog walks bye it is not set upon and killed by this dog that seems to want more scratching and petting from the strangers?

It is because they are not seen for who they are that they are being eradicated from the face of the earth. They are loving, intelligent, discerning animals that have their companions best interests at heart. As more people get to meet my dog their ideas and apprehensiions about the breed are dispelled.

Seeing is believing.

Where are the papers that would have stopped the Mengele-ian atrocity of medical experimentation leading to the death of the patient/victim? Where are the people standing up against this atrocity?

3. Ontario

Ontario Guest

Well said. You are completely on point with the sheepish nature of Ontarians. Every dog owner I've talked to that has a breed effected by this law solution to this ban is to just comply and not be vocal about it. Their defeatist attitude makes me ill. The trial headed by Clayton Ruby starts in May so hopefully we will see some progress because he has been successful in the past at defeating the government. I envy your move to west coast. If I didn't have two years left in my degree I would take my dogs and move out there too.

4. I'm in the Tampa Florida area, and I'm a Pit Bull rescuering for the local shelters that are getting ready to euthanize Pit Bulls. I can speak for my side of the tracks that it happens every day. Some shelters here are full of nothing but Pit Bulls and mixes... It's horrbile, I'm only one person and can do so much, and I try. Luckily we have alot of no-kill shelters, unfortunetly those are the ones that are full of nothing but Pit Bulls because no one wants to adopt an older Pit Bull... Reality hits, and it hits hard... Cute puppy no more.

5. Suki

Suki Guest

"No animal should have to live in or the life of a shelter. IMO it is one of the worst forms of cruelty that exsist....and I'm generly speaking, no specific breed."

Spay and neuter!
    ...can't say it or stress it enough...

the following is** VERY graphic**, and lifes' sad reality....
    spay and neuter....(please...)

www.safehavenrescue.com/v...enwalt.wmv