1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Is everyone starting a blood line?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by SEAL, Jan 28, 2006.

1. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

whats next purple pitbulls with pink polk a dots...i'll take a "ofrn" over a blue mastiff pit any day..but thats just me...my opinion...blue owners dont get all butt hurt..

2. TRENCHHOUND

TRENCHHOUND Big Dog

i think people are breeding to much to many kennels,but in 10 years the old timer may be gone.now the young buck breeds a few gr ch and ch that breeds gr ch and ch now he the new old timer.but even the old timers aren't always honest.every generation is different and with some of the things younger people deal with old timer didn't have to and vice versa.some times people make these old timer sound like saints.just my opinion

3. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

Alot of people breed for different reasons now I'm young and some say I'm to young but I've done my research and I've studied and I know about the true APBT. I would never harm this breed in any way, shape, or form. If I was to breed it would be to fight off all those other so called APBT breeders that cross this beautiful breed with something just make it look a certain way. I wouldn't breed for my ego or profit and I wont just start a kennel out of no where. I know how precious this breed is and even though I did study I know I got a million more things to learn before I even think about starting a kennel. All I got to say is if you know the breed, understand the breed, love the breed ( the real breed), and know why you breed then maybe you'll be ready and I am in the process of getting there.

4. sajoseph

sajoseph Pup

I have read how many people feel about the RE bloodline. And I am not here to argue or start any slinging, but MY OPINION is that Dave has started the EE because he wants the RE line to carry on. Even though the kennel(whomever it may be) says a name, they still advertise the RE line. So, on the papers it may state the new kennel name, but the dog is still RE(if they didnt mess it up!) With all the champions and such RE once had, there are still bound to be RE dogs throwin' just as great puppies out there.

I think people have to be careful. I do agree w/ "just anything" poppin up everywhere to seem to fit the "fad" at the moment. That's wrong.

5. im not bashing R.E. or Dave Wilson for making the E.E. program/site and makin money off it. To each his own, and its extremely successful for him. I just think that his type of legacy is what others are after.

6. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

E.E. has fewer members than you may think due to it's leaders trying to make kennels sell dogs on their yard at prices that they set and they will kick you out if you don't or if you try to buy from someone not in E.E. I think it's gotten a little extreme. Dave has began to breed again and I just hope he doesn't fall into the sloppy breeding that is going on. There is another program called True Tank, it's a lot like E.E. as far as keeping the circle small, getting titles, and having some top knotch R.E. dogs, but they still have some kinks to work out. In fact, a lot of the top dogs came from Dave, and they get along with E.E. pretty well. If it weren't for paper hanging and BYB's, most of the R.E. could still be as great a line as it once was.

7. Aside from Dave's breeding-beginnings being in effort to achieve a "look" as he himself clearly points out...the dogs he was working with to achieve his look were awesome dogs. He bred game-dogs, 'staffs, conformationally correct dogs, and the like. It was After the R.E. name was a "hit" that the dogs started going WAY down hill. If he is breeding again...I would assume and hope that he tries to reverse the negative trend that is happening with his old line of dogs. Take a look at Devil's Den Viper to see what I'm talkin about.

http://www.devilsdenpitbulls.com/html/viper.html

8. oh...and i just counted...there are 53 "kennels" paying to be on the E.E. site. Still...that's almost 32,000 bucks

9. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

Believe me when I say I know every R.E. kennel out there and their reputations. I've seen Viper in person. He looks even worse in the photos, but they are probably promoting him as bigger or whatever else. He is also a terribly inconsistent producer. If looks is what they are after, he doesn't have it as far as offspring go...they are leggy and he doesn't produce heads...he produces closer to the standard APBT...Devil's Den doesn't have the best reputation. They have a stud fee of $5,000 on Lil' Ro, but it's $2,500 to members(yeah, that's a real deal), but of course some people prize him highly. A dog and his offspring are worth what the buyer thinks he is though, I guess.

Yeah, Dave has made a killing and a lot of people hate on him for that, but do you think they would have turned down the opportunity to be in his shoes? Fat chance...I think dog kennels are the only thing the Gov't hasn't gotten to. If they knew what he was making off this, he would be trying to claim his dogs as dependents on his taxes...LOL!

By the way, it seems that he is trying to get R.E. back on the right track. He is bringing the Old School R.E. dogs out of retirement. When I defend R.E. dogs on a thread, these are the ones I am defending...Not these paper-hung-sloppy-bred-unculled-BYB-creations running around.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2006
  10. what do you mean by that? what dogs is he messin with now? does he have a site up and running?

11. Txbkennel

Txbkennel Big Dog

He just got a pup off Cloverhill's Watuka Spirit(Paco)...Some other Cloverhill dogs are coming out of retirement. Forever Junior is out of retirement for a few select breedings. Diamond is being bred and so is Ice. Sadey's Paddington is doing a little something. And a few other dogs preceeding them in Pedigree. He doesn't have a site up yet, and I don't know if he will or if he will be using another kennel.

12. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

i think you should always breed the dogs as hops of even better dogs than what you started with thats why i dont care if dog was scatter bred just care about the reason in the breeding and what the sire and dam have done and how good they produce i think if you have real good dogs iyo if you are trying to make your bvown blood line better learn gentics will be very valuable then know your dogs really

Attached Files:

13. hopefully it works out, and people who are in a cult-like following for the name R.E. will follow. Cloverhill had some nice stuff, and i personally like paddington. we'll see what happens!

14. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

re show unless you hog dog and unless only use line up to 25 % in a breeding trust me & my buddy used this line

15. japangame

japangame Big Dog

I will give my personal opinion. I was one of those wanna bes, but i never wanted to start my own bloodline, i just wanted to continue the old ones. I am a desendant of the Bell family,,,,i.e. the origianal Bell dogs, which stemed from alot of great pre lines. I think everyone should leave the lines alone and just continue the outstanding ones that were created in the first place. Forgive me if im being ignorant. I also believe that we need to get rid of all these breeders and keep it to the minimal and great. It is quite anouying to see everyone wanting to breed there dog to any apbt that comes around. Its those irresponsable people that are ruining it for the proffesionals. once again i am sorry for anything offensive that i might have said. Keep it game.

16. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

keep it game and remain the same tru as you

17. sajoseph

sajoseph Pup

I saw somewhere in one of these replies..that dave is back to breeding-didn't you all see Dixies pictures? :):):)She is Re through and through, as a matter of fact, she is almost a clone to Knuckles, and as conformationally correct as he is as well. Yes, the old style RE is back and doing good. Dave is a smart man, and I agree, amny people "messed" w/ his line and started making monsters, and we were left with the "overdone" dogs you typically see w/ the RE line. Dixie is great, and a great example of what to expect!

He does have a site, but not many know about it. It just mostly shows "produced" and such.I imagine that will change.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2006
  18. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. There is nothing about Knuckles that is APBT correct. The dog is a disgrace to the APBT name..............

19. sajoseph

sajoseph Pup

Why do you say that? He is the "old school" RE and has acheived GCH status, according to the UKC standard, he is perfect! I see there is quite a difference between the "game" dogs and "show standard" dogs, and wheteher or not you don't think the standards should be different, or the same as most "ADBA Game dogs" is irrelevant, he passed with flying colors, years ago, before the "fad" started on this breed, so that tells me he wasn't "best choice out of the garbage entered" at that time.

Just curious as to why you think this.I notice a difference in the dogs I see here(@ this forum) verses the dogs I see in show. Guess they are for different purposes.

20. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Want to see something depressing? Look up "gottiline" on your favorite search engine. You'll see enough BYB action to keep you busy for days.

Seems like every jackass with a couple pits has set himself up as a "kennel" now.