1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Judges

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Miss Conduct, May 8, 2006.

1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Just out of curiosity, what do they judges generally go for in your area? The thicker dogs, or the fit terrier looking dogs? (i know every judge has their different tastes)

We had a ADBA fun show here, and it seemed like this judge liked all of the thicker dogs (so of course i didnt place lol). It was just a fun show, and i could care less if i won or not, i just like going out and mingling (well, most of the time anyway).

The judge only seemed to pick a conditioned dog when there wasnt any thick dogs in the class.

Which brings up another question- in your region what type of dogs usually fill the ring?? Big thick show type dogs, or conditioned dogs?

This time it was about 50/50, last show was FILLED with monsters

2. Its real wierd around here. I've only been to about 6 shows but so far almost all the dogs in Alabama were conditioned game dogs and in Ga and Tn it was about 50/50 with the big dogs usually taking home the prizes. These are ADBA shows and one NKC show in TN.

3. tnob

tnob Big Dog

The shows I attend are shows for working dogs. The judge is looking for conditioned dogs. ABA, TBA, and TNAPBT club shows.