1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Lil Bits ears

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NCPatchwork, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele

Michele Guest

she is beautiful......i do not like the ears cropped, but that's just me....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I do not think dogs "grow into" their crops.

I think she looks good. I would post the ears however so they don't lean in toward each other. I always thought that looked silly. If you crop the ears, you want them erect, not leaning in. But that is JMHO.

As for the crop itself, it's a little long, but that is the trend of the day. Danes, Boxers & to a lesser extend Dobies used to have short battle crops too & look at them now. It's a result of the show ring. The longer more elegant crop is more palatable to judges & I predict that you will be seeing longer & longer crops on pit bulls as time goes on.

3. CB

CB CH Dog

I just dont think NC got her money's worth on this one. Im telling you, you should go back to vet before its to late. They almost look like bat ears if you ask me which is a fault in the show ring.

4. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I comp. agree. Besides the ears being quite long, it looks like her right ear is a bit longer than the left ear as well. IMO they did a bad job.

Thats not to "hate" on your dog, as i think she is a doll, but i think the crop is attrocious.

I didnt mind this dogs crop (i am not the one who had his ears done, as i DONT crop)

[​IMG]

5. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Big Dog

Cropping ears don't have nothing on a fighting dog but let me tell you they do on a hunting dog. My new Mountain Cur pup's ears fall forward and he can't pull them to the sides of his head (like his sister's "rose" or greyhound-type ears) so they always get in the way, torn up by bobcats or coons or even just when playing. That's where a very short ear crop would be pretty damn useful.... LOL

6. awl

awl Pup

I think she looks awesome.

7. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

thats borderline crazy....why is it inhumane? just as they crop a dobbies ears or a great dane....it brings out the look of the dog...imo

8. CB

CB CH Dog

So you got your dogs for looks?

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

There is no reason to have a dog cropped nowadays & a lot of ppl think it is inhumane b/c it is mutilation for the owner's selfish reasons. The pup suffers the dangers of athesesia, as well as the pain of the procedure & tapings for no other reason than the owner's vanity.

And before you jump down my throat, I've had 3 Dobies & all were cropped.

I'm just telling you why some folks think it's inhumane. And while I prefer the cropped look on some breeds (Danes, Boxers, Dobes) those who think it is cruel do have a very valid point.

10. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

yeah, that and i heard that it helps with ear problems...as far as infections and stuff go. i take my dog to the lake and we are constantly outside playing and working. so i thought it would help her ears with not having problems in the future...buti also think it makes the dogs look great, i thikn it compleatly brings out the dogs head

11. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i could see how some people might think so ,but to say "i thikn it should be treeated as so" anjd that it makes our dogs look like channel 4 dogs or what ever they said about it making the dog look mean is kinda ignorant to me....i can absolutly see how some people might dis agree with it.
    i in no way think it as as dramatic of a think as the person put it

12. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

boarderline crazy? lol, im not the one who calls myself "supa freak" Im not crazy my friend. however, you are ignorant to the obvious. spend some more time looking at your dogs heart and not his head.

13. MASON

MASON Big Dog

NC BlackandWhite,

Your dogs crop is on the long side but they did do a pretty good job. The ears probabaly look longer than they actually are because the head hasn't filled out yet. As the head fills out and grows, they will not look as long as they do now. The two dogs that I had cropped had long ears at first but as the head grew they didn't look as long. According to the ADBA standard, no preference is given to cropped or uncropped ears except to enhance the overall attractiveness. So if they judge ears by the standard then it shouldn't make a difference.

14. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I was thinking the same thing CB that crop is WAY to long , especially for the show ring, and the ADBA ring at that. I would have them redo them the right way if I were you also the one ear seems to be leaning inside watch that so it dont end up laying across her head.

15. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

its a song...you better watch youreself....youre the jerk off that gets on here and trys to put a guilt on everyone who crops ears....its been done since the breed was developed....at least i have the intelligance to say that i can see the other point of view. as for youre little message about how "its people like me ruining the breed"...i think not...people like you, dividing the people that do one thing ino to a whole nother group than yourself...you think its your way or its wrong...your kind are the one ruing it for everyone....instead of looking at the way that i think and seeing my point of view, your to ignorant to see anothers view...i can see yours because i dont divide this breed into diffrent classes, i see it all as one trying to fight for the same thing...

16. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

and then you give me bad rep points to try to prove somtihn

17. CB

CB CH Dog

They did ear cropping for a reason "back then". And it wasnt for looks. You better watch yourself :D .

18. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

and when you want to train your dog to hog hunt i think it has around the same puropse,...not to mention i stated mt reasons for why i decided to. i had another dog of this breed bofore her without cropped ears....
    watch myself for what?

19. CB

CB CH Dog

Hell your telling people to watch there self so i thought i would join you to. You said in a post before that you like the ear crops because it brings out the head more and show's more expretion to you. Sound like you only have a pit bull for looks.

20. Attila

Attila Guest

I have never had a dogs ears cropped. It doesn't help in any way. It will alow liquids to enter the ear, rain etc. and can lead to more inner ear infections. Plus I like those soft ears. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.