1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

My friend needs your prayers!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chef-Kergin, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

This morning, one of my good friends Ron E. died from leukemia.

He was 24 yrs old.

He leaves behind his wife and infant child.

Sadly, several months ago before his son as born, Ronnie was diagnosed with leukemia ONE F-IN DAY before his wife was supposed to have her labor induced to bare their child.

He spent 2 of his last 6 months on earth going through 2 painful bone marrow transplants at Ohio State's Hospital. Outside of that, he spent his Sunday's fishing out at my sister's with me and my brothers, and my dad, while his wife kicked it with my sis and her kids. We tried to make his time enjoyable while he was here. Against doctor's orders, he even came to my wedding and had a damn riot with the rest of us.

Less than two weeks ago, the doctors told him his chemo (spelling?) and bone marrow transplants hadn't done what they thought, and that the cancer was back stronger, and had developed around his heart and lungs.

They gave hime less than two weeks.

Sunday we had a benefit out at the local Eagles to try and raise money for his wife and son, to at least help pay for his $100K + in treatment he'd already gone through.

He lost his battle early this morning, and like I said, leaves his wife Makenzie and his infant son behind.

Please send her your thoughts and prayers, as I'm sure she'll need them.

As lame as this sounds, a couple months ago, me and my family tried fervently to contact ABC in regards to their show Extreme Home Makeover. They have responded twice, and we're keeping our fingers crossed they can come through and help Makenzie and her son out. Less than a year before he found out about his cancer, they'd gotten married and bought their first home. They'd been staying at her parents recently due to bills coming in quicker than income (she had just finished her nursing courses before she had her child, right before Ron got diagnosed with cancer, and the eveil student loan companies have no heart and are already calling multiple times a day trying to collect their money, not to mention the mortgage, hospital bills, etc).

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I am sorry to hear about that Kergin. I will be sure to lift his family up in prayer. For I already know that he is in a better place. God is good and his mercy will endure forever. I hope and pray that his family can find peace in God who is the author of peace. I pray for the man's son, that the good Lord might heal him of his affliction and allow him to live a long productive life.

Brian

P.S.

Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can not heal....

1 person likes this.
  3. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Thats terrible, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and I will say a prayer for his wife and baby.

1 person likes this.
  4. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm very sorry.

1 person likes this.
  5. NC

NC CH Dog

I'll be sure to send his family's name up as well.. always hard on a family when one leave behind a little one like that..

1 person likes this.
  6. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

thank you all.

7. Suki

Suki Guest

:( OMG, i'm SOOOOO very sorry to be reading this....such sad news.

for certain, prayers to your friend, (you) and the family...
    RIP

8. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

i will keep him and his family in my prayers, as well as you.

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Prayers are sent. Will also put them on the church prayer list ...

10. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

thanks.

anyone else that wants to add Mr. & Mrs. Ron Emrick & family to the offertory at their church, no matter what God(s) they pray to, please do.

every thought counts.

11. my thoughts and prayers are going out for your friend. sorry man.

1 person likes this.
  12. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

I sure will pray for that family.any kind of a fund set up for them,i got a few extra bucks i could spare if need be.and also i could donate some time to help them fix up their home if ABC doesn't come through.just send the word and i will be there in no time.

2 people like this.
  13. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

Sorry to hear about this bro. Thats real young . They will be in my prayers .

1 person likes this.
  14. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

The family and friends will be in our prayers. Its sad and unfortunate story. Situations like this put things in perspective. Life is precious, and every moment with loved ones is a blessing. I know the daily grind of live sometimes affects our relationships. However, we should do our best to make the most of our lives and all relations.

2 people like this.
  15. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I will remember you and his family in my prayers.

1 person likes this.
  16. pitbullcliff

pitbullcliff Banned

It is so sad when they are taken that young and with a new family.

RIP Ron

17. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

you guys are all awesome.

kudos to you all.

thank you.

18. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Thank you.

19. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

My thoughts are with them. I am so so so sorry...such an awfully sad story. I know how heart wrenching it is to be close to someone when they leave this world with a young family left behind. It's not fair and I'll never understand why. :(

20. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I'm so very sorry. His entire family will be in my prayers, but specifically his wife and child. I just hope that one day his son knows what a great father he had.

Kergin, check your pm's.