1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Natural Born Kennels

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by CopperOFRN, Sep 13, 2022.

1. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

Has anyone ever dealt with this yard? I stumbled across it while doing some research on McNamara dogs. Looks like a nice line up but I don’t know how up to date it is. Any insight is appreciated.

2. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

3. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

4. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

Went to their web site. Those peds look very nice. What price were you quoted for a pup?

Interesting they where marketing the breeding as a protection potential dog.

5. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

50-60 pound dog that is hard puller can be a mother fucker on your body and the feed bill!

Cy the dogman and david63 like this.
  6. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

$3500 is the price I got. Which could very well be the “I don’t want to sell a pup but will to a dickhead” price. I literally want a nice buckskin male with black mask because I like the look. I’ve got a yard full of ABs and just want one(maybe two) fast lane dogs. The ABs are great but it’s two different worlds. I’ve never had a pit get bit in the face by a groundhog. I’ve had several ABs. Granted they change their approach but my pits just go balls deep right out of the gate.

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Definitely the price you got lol
    If you just want a pet why not get a dog from the pound you like the looks of. " fastlane" was the guys not the dogs. These folks will see you coming a mile away and have you digging deep in your pockets for something no better than you can get for a few hundred bucks and a trip to the pound.

Revelator, che and Ssdd like this.
  8. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

BB. Not disagreeing with you. For me, it’s actually seeing what all the hypes about. Believe me, “fast lane” isn’t the guys. Maybe your small circle. I want a dog that doesn’t hesitate. But yea, you’re right. I could definitely get a pound dog and run circles around half these pretty peds I see. I just want to see what these little fuckers will do compared to my AB’s. Fishers/foxes/raccoons/. Are your hot little 40lb’ers better? I can tell you my 40lb pits didn’t hesitate. Neither did my 60lb dogs. My big ABs hesitate. I want to run a small game dog as long as I can with these guys and see if they can learn a thing or two. If they’re too hot for pack stuff- I’ll switch gears.

9. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

You want a "fastlane" dog to work in a pack? You're looking at the wrong dogs.....

che and AGK like this.
  10. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

I want him to run with my pack as long as he can. I’ve had plenty of little pits that were fine for almost two years. I really just need him to learn from the other dogs where to run, when, etc. the he’ll be on his own. I don’t want a year old dog because I’ll get zero time out of running him with them before he can’t do it anymore. I guess I’m also interested to see the difference a pedigree makes- if any at all. If it works out great. If not- no big deal.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"also interested to see the difference a pedigree makes" now tell again about what made the fastlane lmfao

12. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

I guess what I mean is any rom/por/even 1xw would be fast lane for me. I’ve had dogs that had the look, but I never knew because they were just some little pit from the streets and did what they were supposed to. When my 12 year old was younger- he would’ve taken care of all this. This dog literally just needs to kill shit before it’s down a hole or up a tree, and my other dogs need to see. It just progresses things along much faster. Shit, send me in the direction of a working patterdale terrier yard. Sorry my terminology is lacking BB. I’m no dogman. I’m not trying to take a game dog and exclusively run it in a pack. I’m not trying to take it to a park. I think I’ll just give pit Island a shot and hope for the best. Thanks for the insight

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

How they are bred is only a part of the puzzle. Can't stress enough man behind the dog is biggest factor. You don't need to spend big money because it won't determine the outcome. Don't get wrapped up in the hype and take your time.

che and david63 like this.
  14. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

I literally have gotten dogs off the street in Long Island that were perfect for this. Now I’ve got 25 acres and plenty of overbuilt kennels to house an asshole of a dog as long as he does his job. My animals are all locked behind hog strong fences. I’ve lost a bunch of chickens to fishers/raccoons/etc. I need a dog that’ll grab them shake the shit out of them and move on with his day. I’ve had two ABs get bitten now and it’s turning them off. Not good. I wanted to try a pretty ped because it seemed like a good place to start, or I might never do it again. I came here because I know game dog guys take it very seriously. I try to be respectful and use the right language because you should do SOME research before trying to speak intelligently about something. But yea, I’ve had killer little pits in that past that would’ve been perfect. Want to try a dog with a “proven” ped- for whatever that’s worth.

15. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

This may be the stupidest shit I've read in months

16. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

You’re right, it does sound stupid. Definitely the wrong place to go and ask about yards. Learned that. But more importantly I was just looking for someone to say “check this yard out, they have 10 generations of dogs they have bred”. That was it. Wasn’t looking for a yard that buys two champions and breeds them for a profit. I wanted a little history without having to search through every “game dog” kennel out there. Again- wrong place. My bad sir. Should’ve known better. I’ll post pics when this boy is running with my pack doing his job.

17. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

You want a puppy to train your failed dogs how to be better dogs. You just sound like you have no idea what you're talking about. You wanted someone else to do your leg work in finding a dog to do the dumbest shit I've seen in a while with. No you're definitely not going to get that here or hopefully anywhere else.

18. Pullingcovers

Pullingcovers Top Dog

If you want a yard tour hit up Tom garner he has a pup for every problem? Seriously though contact him

che likes this.
  19. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

Right, I have one male that hesitates and 3 pups. He is the leader of that little pack. If my male pit was still running the woods(hunting), we wouldn’t be having this discussion. So yes, I was being a little lazy. I have found a kennel with 10 generations of their own dogs stuff. Oddly enough, he does basically the same thing with his dogs- shocking. Sorry I wasn’t up to your standards. Failed- yea man, I failed a lot, but at least I try and don’t talk shit from my giant keyboard.

20. CopperOFRN

CopperOFRN Big Dog

All good man. Didn’t want his prices or his dogs. Thanks though.