1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New home....

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by carsonbabe310, Jan 7, 2007.

1. I posted this in the Newbie section and thought maybe I'd get a better response if I posted here.....

Although I hate to do this, I need to find a new home for my 2 year old male. I'm not able to care for him because of financial reasons. I got him from a shelter when he was about 8 months old. He's good with adults, shy at first but warms up, although he does get a little skittish when around strange men and does tend to run and hide in my room where he sleeps. He's a little fearful of young children 10 years or younger. We use to live with a 3 year old golden retreiver and a 5 year old chihuahua and a 14 year old cat. I love him with everything and want to keep him but I know this isn't the best thing for him. I feel he could use a bit more socializing. If anyone is interested in taking him or have any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need to find a home as soon as possible, preferably in the Los Angeles area. Thanks all

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

It will be tough to rehabilitate a fearful dog at 2 years of age. He is going to have to go to someone with some experience in training him. Its hard to train this behavior out of them, it usually can only be controlled.

3. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I agree with you on that. If you are unwilling or unable to keep him you may want to consider euthanizing him, there are too many stable dogs that dont have homes to try and place a fearful dog.

4. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

it takes a man to stand up and be honest like that and ask for help ,,,, i'm not close enough,,,,kudo's to you and hope for the best