1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

New to Pits/Various Questions

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by troubleman60, Jan 10, 2020.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

No one is attacking you. You asked questions and you got answers. Maybe not the answers you had hoped for but good solid answers all the same. Nothing was said before your post I quoted that was out of line towards you.

2. Holocaust

Holocaust Match dog

Take the blue mutt back to his breeder....

Call up Tom garner and talk to him. He'll answer your questions and sell you a pup that's actually an apbt.

3. lol..good tip.

@ blue/tri ...Make sure you dont tell him you were attacked tho...

As he will see you aint got a mark on you.

david63 likes this.
  4. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

If your going to want to own this. Breed of dog ..you shouldnt be a a soft ass who cant take criticism

6. keep it as a pet the fuck else would i do with it

7. david63

david63 CH Dog

I think he is referring to your dog as a pet, not as a performance bred dog.

corvettedex likes this.
  8. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Right on ! You have been given some honest experienced advice. Love your dog, raise it right. Be patient. Don't get caught up in breeding. 1st things 1st. Red boy/ Jocko has been around for decades. I don't know of a blue or grisly colored one on the Planet. People hang papers on a regular basis.

david63 likes this.
  9. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

It is simple ask the breeder who the parents, grandparents, and further on are from your pup, pen it down and start searching for ancestors in the APBT pedigree databases. Become a member of a local APBT club, visit some conformation and weightpulling events, it will school you little by little, step for step, patience and common horse sense is all what is needed.
    Good luck,

troubleman60 likes this.
  10. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

And he told you to bred her right away?, he is for sure confident in the quality he bred.
    Don't do it.

Soze the killer likes this.
  11. You must have lots of room.
    but why dont you just have your pet you got now?
    you aint got experience so why do you want another "real"dog?
    so you aint got no experience and you want a extra dog?

either keep your pet and learn from there...when hes older youll have more experience in handleing a powrful dog.then and only then.might be your time to get a "real" dog..

Either that...
    or do what Holocaust said.
    take mutt back.
    find some one eles.
    and start again.

All the best!

david63, troubleman60 and c_note like this.
  12. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

You need to read up on the history of this breed. They are dog aggressive. It's a normal genetic trait that cannot be trained out. You will need to learn how to manage it. As far as breeding goes, please don't. You don't know enough about this breed to even consider breeding. Read and learn. Enjoy this breed. It's a wonderful breed to have. But make sure you really learn about their traits and how to manage them. Be responsible and raise this pup the right way.

13. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Don’t get a Garner dog. That’s a lot of money for just a pet imo. Keep what ya got and enjoy that for awhile. You might have exactly what you’re looking for in front of you

CopperOFRN, david63, chili and 2 others like this.
  14. chili

chili Big Dog

As C_note said above, enjoy the dog you have, it may be exactly what you are looking for. Certainly not trying to discourage you from getting a true well-bred APBT, as I hope that you and many others can become great ambassadors for this breed.

Having said that, i've got a great pitbull phenotype mutt I got off a young girl on facebook who couldn't handle her. Unpapered, backyard bred, lab/pit mix I was told. This was 5 years ago and let me tell you, she's been the best dog (Pet) i've ever had. Albeit, she can get buck if another dog challenges her and has splintered my solid wood front door from slamming into it when strangers show up. But on the bright side, I can leave this dog in my house for a full work day un-supervised (if you don't count the nest cam) and she won't harm my cats or touch anything in the house that isn't hers. She's patient and protective of my kids. She can run in my backyard full of chickens and ducks without harming a single feather, but god have mercy on any other creatures that step over that fence. She's my pet... we run 5 miles a day together, we go to the river and she swims for hours. Enjoy the dog bro and good luck!

david63, CopperOFRN and 80BOWTIE like this.
  15. chili

chili Big Dog

I should also mention that she is fixed. I’m of the belief that only elite specimens should reproduce and I encourage others to do the same.

Breeding is a major responsibility and as with most things in life, far easier said than done.

david63, Sleep and F.W.K. like this.
  16. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

This is fake. This just to get everyone going. I see this all the time. And here everyone trying to make sense of the post.

17. Roller55

Roller55 Big Dog

Should read new to life.

18. werper

werper Pup

If she was indeed an RBJ dog, she wouldn't be grey or blue or whatever the kids call the color these days. Sounds like the breeder took advantage of you not knowing much about the breed and made a quick sale. Thinking about breeding at 7 months old is absurd. As far as your Vet said, I'd get a different Vet if mine ever told me such nonsense. Mine gave birth to 7 puppies and was alright. You can try to to understand more about the breed. I really don't get how you got a dog without getting informed first.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2021