1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Paper hanging WTF

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by allaboutpitbull, Jul 5, 2012.

1. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

Ok so a lot of the old timers did it. and some of them use the excuse of they dient want others to have the same results they had and they had to protect their work but in reality its really f-ed up so a lot of people are proud to have papers from certain lines but in reality they might be feeding something totally different . I kind of understand a lil bit of why some did it. they dient want to get out classed by their own dogs and what not .but instead of hanging why not just cull all the pups and be done with it most people I know will want recognition for producing some ch . gr ch. Pors Roms . I mean if they were selling pups with hung papers and they got out classed with their dog .now they don’t even get credit for that dog someone else dose. It makes no sense to me .what ya think

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Being out classed by their own blood. Is not the only reason people hang papers. Probably actually one of the last reasons to do it. If a kennel does produce ranked dogs they still get the recognition. Just the actual dog that was bred doesn't.

3. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

well what if the papers don’t have anything to do with them how do they get recognition say the dog goes to a different country say per example the dog was hung with tg papers he is the one that get the credit I just think is grimey thing to do

4. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

and f things up for when you want to try to Reproduce the dog

5. The reason it was done was to make money. I mean are you going to pay more for a pup sired by zebo or by capital one who got there by accident?

6. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

its all f-ed up to me. and the sh** has not stoped still going on today i just dont think it should be done i wonder how maney pepole got f-ed over lol how meany of us for that matter are feeding dogs that are not what we paid for

7. PureGameness

PureGameness Big Dog

Too many people are worried about papers, just enjoy your dogs.

8. It is and always has been a buyer beware policy. If you are dumb enough to not do the research, you deserve what you get.

9. sega

sega Big Dog

if the dog is good and does what u need it and preforms well and so on and so on papers dont really matter. now if 6 months later yr dog starts looking like a black lab well then maby u can be pissed lol

10. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

Well regardless if the dog turns out good or not people are taking what is being told as the truth and that’s why they pay for the dog .why not just be like this is a hell of a bulldog don’t know where it comes from but it’s a good bulldog that is not going to disappoint you

11. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

Im not talking about people that are on cl selling dogs im talking about people that have 30 years in the game you see them in books and you take it as the truth just don’t get it

12. THose are worse then most. Come on man. You should realize that any dogman is not going to sell there best stuff. To think differently is just asinine.

13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Easiest way around it all. Is to stick with people you know and trust.

14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

+1...........

15. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

Yep at the end of the day if your dogs are good dogs keep em if not then get rid of them. Judge off each individual dog and not his pedigree. To many people keep curs cuz there bred right and if i breed him tooa crenshaw bitch ill have some winners for sure. Fuck all that get rid of that cur i dont give a fuck hows he bred or a fuck what his ped says. Thats why i dont understand why people follow different bloodlines i done had all kind of different bloodlines and only breed best too best and another thing i aint never paid no thousand fuckin dollars for a dog either. Bottom line fuck how hes bred will that motherfucker sratch is the million dollar question. Or catch or pull or whatever you want him too do.

16. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

Earl tudor said game dogs are where you find them and you know what his old ass was right and he was an okie too oklahoma bitch where real dogmen stomp baby.

17. sega

sega Big Dog

i like the way you think

18. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

Tudors was known for his dogs and making good clicks but not for a line of dogs; however being I got red dust in my veins myself I still fond of the ol legend the Oklahoma Kid. We today base stuff off of tudors dogs but it wasn't his blood or his family of dogs for the most part. Unlike Heinzl, Colby, Patrick, so on and so on that has a family of dogs. Good dogs are where you find them, no doubt to that. The preservation of a gene requires knowing its make up so you know how to best preserve it. Its just two simple views one the dog is all that matters, the other the dna, the blood, preservation is what matters.. potato potAto .. the two need each other. The paper hanging for performance and formula reasoning I can kinda understand, but it can get outta hand and once the integrity is gone its gone.

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

here is my issue. we all know there was hanging going on and still does. if a ped aint 100% correct in every line then the outcome is going to be off geneiticly. so if one breeding is off it throws the genes off. if something is off in the 5th then something will be off in the 10th becuase thats how genes work.

20. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

Amen... thats my problem with it as well part of the integrity if the breeding.