1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

People are talking about pure gene pools, let me show you a real pure dog

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Limey kennels, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Im sorry im so used to be negatifly questiond, because we use diferend ways to breed dogs, that the reactions comes nearly natural..

2. gillagan

gillagan Big Dog

I understand and tgats why I don't post on here much it's always a fight. I do think we talked a few years back about my old red boy dogs. At that time I think you was just getting started with ur red boy dogs.
    I can say you do have some of the best old alligator blood around. And you did a much better job than Gary. I wish you the best of luck and would like to say keep up the good work.
    I Owned two dogs from you and one was the games dog I've ever seen.

3. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Thanks Gilligan. Im starting to remember!!im pretty sure that dog you seen was out of the Magic dog, brother to Bullit. and out of a grch midnightnight bitch. it was a mainly alligator/ pit general cross, and it showed. altho they lookt purebred.. i send over 2 littermates a brindle one as wel....

4. keystone

keystone CH Dog

the only black and tan i have seen in my life ..was when i was 18 my first dog a german shepard ....
    nevr heard don about a black and tan .....

5. Roveros

Roveros Pup

Some really interesting points came up in this thread. Cynthia posting the information regarding the black and tan points being recessive and both parents having to carry the gene was enlightening. I have read it before but it does show that there is a lot of ignorance about colour in the breed. I bred staffords years ago and bred a dog with the "tan points" Although it was more brindling than tan very much like one of the dogs Limey showed.

Whether the points are pure tan or brindle is irrelevant as the "points" always appear in the same places on the dog. I agree with Limey in regards to throwback percentages and some dogs will throw stronger to one side of the pedigree often colour is used as a marker to create this belief but it is only one factor. General type and behaviour are other factors to be taken into account.

In one of strattons books there was a photo of a merle pitbull which i have never seen in the flesh. The merle gene is similar in my understanding that both parents have to carry the gene for the colour to show.

What all this means is it really doesn't matter if Nigger was a black and tan or not. What we do know is some families produce this colouration more than others simply because that family is more likely to carry the gene in both parents. It is not a sign of bad or good breeding but simply a sign that that dog had a lineage that carried that particular gene for colour.

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i mean nevr saw on in my breeding neither don.
    there was a family in this erea of them ...a friend brought 2 with him ..those had crully tale's like pigs ...so the tale's where circling around .....
    we called them the heli generation lol

7. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

heres a pure family for ya...... This is why selection matters if your trying to preserve & reproduce a close knit line of dogs. It helps if you know what your trying to preserve and whether its making the grade throughout the generation.

Attached Files:

8. I find Your posts to be hilarious

the dogs on the bottom are not even close to the dogs on the top of that photo thing You posted.

If You are going to try and compare dogs at least try to have a basic understanding of dogs in general and the actual dogs which You are trying to talk about.

9. keystone

keystone CH Dog

hammer you missing the tut dog in the top of your foto thing .....

10. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Colby bloodline.... Old family red nose.....Mayfield.... One thing they all have in common is their tight bred bloodlines... so what..?

11. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Maybe it's just me but I notice a pretty strong consistency. Perhaps you could show me what you mean?