1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Punish the deed, not the breed

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Scratchy, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

I sat here for a moment thinking what is the best positive image that can be demonstrated to help save this breed. Then it hit me, rescue. There are plenty of people that rescue this breed and I commend those people greatly for it. The reason why I bring this up is because I want you to ask yourself how does it look when someone goes to rescue a dog that was neglected, out of control, mistreated, abandoned, etc? IMO, that is ammo that can/should be used for the public. If there was a survey taken of how many dog of which breed were adopted in my area, I believe "pitbull breeds" would be on top. Honestly, in our shelters now they are all considered staffordshires, which will definitely make someone lean more towards adoption as we all know the defintion behind "pitbull" is not so positive to the public.

I just wanted to say that it's really nice to know that there are some people out there with good hearts who rescue. You're doing a great deed to this breed by being the bigger person and taking responsibilty which in turn you're showing the shelters and public that these dogs mean something to somebody. It's definitely a positive image for this breed when someone wants to rescue them.

2. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

Saw your post a little late, but it's good to hear how much some of the breed "fanciers" appreciate the rescue aspect. I think I can say thanks for the kind words for everybody who's rescued 1 or 20 pitbulls :)