1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Question for the Hog Hunters

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by OutInCA, May 31, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

well i just heard the apbt isnt a very good hog dog because of their dog on dog agression. thats the only reason i said that.

2. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Wow, so this boy is 80# chainweight? He is one huge dog LOL. I wonder what his conditioned is, probably at least in the 60s.

3. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

Ha ha. Ya, 65 or so.:) He still has baby fat.

4. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

I like a weatherby for big hogs, can't use dogs in Ca.

5. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

LOL, reminds me of Ch. Plumber's alligator. That is one big catchweight apbt :)

6. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Depends where you are, unless it was changed recently.

7. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=216217 I would put my money on this boy any day of week when it came to hog hunting, you will find your best in a unlikely place. This dog was free and ADBA papered as well. Once again boys don't pay for the blood unless you really like what the person is selling. This is his main stud dog now for his future hunters because this dog shows the traits he wants in the future generation and before this blue dog, he had some cold mayday dogs. The only reason they are breeding him is to produce replicas of him and he does that well. I have seen one daughter his and she is an amazing athlete too.

8. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Not everyday you see a blue dog that can work, unless of course we are talking lacy's, cane corsos, etc.

9. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

I know, I have seen very very very few but that boy there would make you proud to own a blue dog, lol, I never thought I would say that one but I did.:)

10. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

uh. many people hog hunt with pits. look it up on youtube. some pits that don't work out in the box can do hogwork.

11. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

I thought if I ever did say that, it would be for a cane corso or a blue lacy. Though I am glad your blue dog is able to work. Waking up to see a blue dog like that must be like scratching the winning lotto ticket huh?

12. OutInCA

OutInCA Pup

Wow. :) Thats great. He looks like he would have fun hunting. He is a unique blue fawn. Thanks for the input!
    I will have to show him off to a few people who like the blue show dogs and let them know there are some workers out there.

I agree with the others. He helps the breed (especially that color of pup) look good.