1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Richard Strattons Book of the APBT

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hells Bells, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I borrowed this book last night from a friend (on this board.) :D I haven't been able to put it down. I'm learning all kinds of stuff that the forums haven't taught me or that I haven't found in any magazine or anything. After 1 night I'm on page 63 already. Anywhere I can get my own copy?

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i have all of his books, luckily for me i got them long ago (late 80's-early 90's) when the price matched the price on the back cover. now they go for $150+ when you can find them

3. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Got a lot of my books off Ebay. There's also Amazon.com.

4. Got mine (the original book copyrighted in 1976) off of amazon for $8 a few months ago...

5. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Paid $20 for my copy at Pet Supermarket a few years ago.

6. ebbsy

ebbsy Pup

The first four of Mr. Strattons books about the APBT are frequently for sale on eBay and very often go for next to nothing. The fifth is the one which has soared in price, as unlike the others which were mass produced by t.f.h., he and T.L. did all the work between them, resulting in only a small fraction available in comparison. I too had them some years ago, at or shortly after they were available. The gentleman and scholar kindly signed them for me and I felt like a kid at Christmas :D

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Just curious, Ebbsy, what's the fifth? I only knew of four, and if there's one other out there I need to add to my list, I must know. LOL :)

8. ISUZU

ISUZU Big Dog

I have all of Richard Stratton's APBT books Awesome stuff there.

9. Robber

Robber Big Dog

The fifth is "Profiles in Courage" I believe; it focuses more on some particular dogs. I don't have this one yet, either - not available very often.

10. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

We had that one. We traded it for some collars. It was co-written with T.L.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. I know that's a sketch, but is the probably the best pic I've seen of Cockney lloyd and Pilot...the ones I've seen are preety crappy (as photography would've been in the 1800's lol)

12. ISUZU

ISUZU Big Dog

I have the same cop But with Both Sig's Richard's and T.L.'s Got from a friend has a Custom message to him.

Only one I don't have is.
    [​IMG]

13. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

We had that one but we sold it to someone last year or so. We traded a few books for well over $100 worth of collars. It was worth it.

14. ISUZU

ISUZU Big Dog

Nice only one I can't find LOL.:D

15. I got ''The truth about the american pit bull terrier'' I think it was a good read so i just ordered ''The Book of The American Pit Bull Terrier'' and ''World of the American Pit Bull Terrier'' This week, found them at ebay. Got another old book, ''The dog pit'' By Richard K. Fox , good book but a little old. I am searching for ''Colby's Book of the American Pit Bull Terrier'' but i cant find it to a reasonable price, it costs like 480$:eek:. If anyone got it and want to sell it for less than 200$ Please let me know ;)

16. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

Wow I didn't even know about the last one. I need to get that one too!:eek:

17. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Louis's book? The one co-written with Jessup?

Wow I just saw the price on Amazon. Are they nuts? Here I am using that book as a mouse pad as we speak. LOL
    http://www.amazon.com/Colbys-Book-American-Bull-Terrier/dp/079382091X

OMG $500
    http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ783855

Is it out of print? Why is it so much?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  18. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

19. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

:eek:wow i can't believe i don't have it! Shoot Me!

20. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

I am wondering that too