1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Snooty Yu kennel?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by GravediggersknlsL11, May 21, 2023.

1. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

I spoke to Snooty-YU a few times by email and found them quite approachable, asked around and no bad references or opinions of them to speak of.. I'd wanted to buy Santos jnr. blood and the prices were reasonable, but cost of transporting pup from Serbia was more than cost of the pup.. I believe it was a double bred Santos male with Debi's Red in there somewhere too. I recall Snooty-YU telling me pup was inbred, but outcross to Patrick or RBJ and I should be happy.. Saw a female called Champion Gypsy, think she was El Negro x Spike on top, only 1/4 Spike, but a nice one all the same.

david63 likes this.
  2. gimwitag

gimwitag Big Dog

Solid black mup breeding. I'd get it if he has it. Been to his town many times. Real great snooty dogs in that area. I have debi red and traps in my dogs and as an American I appreciate the selection they put on them dogs

oldguy likes this.
  3. Didn't Black Mup quit, instead of making a scratch he was wagging his tail at the spectators?

4. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

They're called Snooty-YU Kennel and Snooty quit. If they were called Jeep-YU kennel, then both Jeep's sire and sire of Jeep's dam [Honeybunch] quit, If they were called Banjo-YU, then Banjo's sire quit.. One of the best and gamest dogs I ever seen was Junkyard Boys Champion Masada, a Snooty/Rascal/Honeybunch cross, some might say Masada about as cur bred as you can get since Rascal quit too, but I'd have been honoured to own any pup off Masada, same as I'd feel honoured to own any pup from Snooty-YU Kennel today. Just my opinion.

5. Of course, who in their right mind would turn their nose up to some of the quality dogs that have quit over the years, but, why is it that certain dogs get a free pass for quitting whilst others are lambasted for being rank curs? I think it's disrespectful towards the animals that showed courage most men could only dream of.

6. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

It's just how it's always been I suppose?

7. Yep, I suppose the dogs with a lot of talent get more of a pass than the quitters that were less talented, look at how many excuses there was for Bullyson. At the end of the day he got beat by a bigger and younger animal that was just as talented, it happens.

8. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Production will make a typical cull worth keeping to many since performance and production have nothing to do with eachother. While the dog may have failed at it's job it can still end up out producing dogs that maybe did their job properly but don't produce so well.

The old what is more valuable debate, a gamedog that can't produce itself or the cur that produces no matter what its bred too?

I'm not saying I'd make that choice but I can see how someone might let a quiting dog still keep it's chainspot.

9. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

That makes sense AGK.. Good way to explain it.. During the 80's in UK, there was a female called CH. Sheena Black, looked like a whippet, hit like a Honey Badger crossed with a Hyena.. Pure mayhem, stopped on top in her 5th and owner took her back home, I was always glad he did.

PMK, stedz, CockneyRebel123 and 2 others like this.
  10. I suppose you're right but don't you think the standard would be even higher and people not followed these practices? If the saying is true that they will all quit given the right circumstances then it doesn't make a blind bit of different.

11. *difference.

12. AGK

Some could say Finleys bo disproves this way of thinking. Produced a dog that ended up out producing pretty much every sdj ch or gr ch one can name. Not only that, jeeps entire litter where track stars. Again, I'm not advocating breeding curs but there are definitely some exceptional producing quitters throughout these dogs history. Hell, I wouldn't have anything here if someone didn't breed to a dog that quit. I got quite a bit of bullyson in my dogs. I can't say I'm angry he got bred lol.

There's other reasons one could justify breeding to one, last of a line, breeds and knows the family's average etc. Some might just really like the dog as a dog. People will justify doing it for many reasons. In theory, I feel you are correct. By keeping the bar high the average of the family, will also remain high. However, genetics will throw a monkey wrenching in the gears of that theory from time to time......

PMK and F.W.K. like this.
  13. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Game x game is the philosophy were i am from but yes it is not always the philosophy which is written in stone as history proved. And also the other man's game dog is the another man's cur.

PMK, stedz, oldguy and 2 others like this.
  14. I think you didn't quite understand my buddy. If the saying that they will all quit under the right circumstances then it wouldn't matter if you bred from a deep game dog or a quitter as both would have quit in them. But, if that was the case, how come true gameness is only preserved in the APBT and it's close cousins? The breed is a total head fuck lol.

15. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

The gameness is bred in by humans, it's against an average dog of another breed nature to fight another dog till death. If the genes are there and the mating will click it can deliver some good ones or not LOL .

16. AGK

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I'm multitasking while posting lol.
    I don't believe it's so cut and dry or black and white. There are so many variables involved. I don't believe they will all quit either. Other than if one purposefully goes out of their way to force them to quit. Like the 2 or 3 dogging over multiple days. They aren't machines. To say they'll all quit never made sense to me. It's like, then what are we striving to do here. Plenty of dogs took their deaths in chin crawling scratches and I always felt like saying they'll all quit is a dishonor to those who did not, under any circumstances, quit. I do believe if one purposefully goes out to make one quit then yes they will all quit.
    I don't think anyone can answer the why is it only in the APBT. All the planets just aligned in perfect synchrony for that one lol.

Sorry I'm all over the place, I also ate 200mg of THC gummies about an hour ago lol. I can't type as fast as I think. :))

PMK, oldguy and CockneyRebel123 like this.
  17. But, surely the trait had to be there from the start, meaning dogs that showed the most grit would have been bred to the bitches that showed the most grit and so on and so on. I agree with you that breeding did improve gameness because if it didn't we wouldn't have these dogs in the first place would we.

18. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

It takes a purist to create and breed a strain of solid working dogs for whatever purpose such as hunting and so on. All others then the purist which had luck are the expectation of the rule.

oldguy and AGK like this.
  19. AGK

Selective breeding for purpose over a fairly long period of time. The ones that had the needed qualities got bred and the ones who didn't got culled. Do that long enough and you'll have dogs doing what they were bred to do is the only explanation I got. Lol.

oldguy and F.W.K. like this.