1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

So how did the handlers train/keep the man biters?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Oldskool Brent, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

I'm curious as to how the handlers dealt with a manbiter, say like Zebo, when they were probably not one of the few people that the dog wouldn't bite. I mean they get the call to handle the dog and have to go up there and work with a dog that wants to bite the hell out of them every day for weeks on end.

Also, what good dogs were HA, I can't remember them all. I imagine the dogs had to be pretty damned good for people to put up with that shit though, I couldn't even imagine what a pain in the ass that must be, lol.

2. Historically, I would think if he had the right stuff even a man biter would be more focused on the hunt than on his handler. Some drives and urges can override other less strong ones.

3. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

not to fuck up this thread.. but would that mean every time you go to the dogs chain or kennel you might wanna bring a rabbit with you. i know i would put the fucker down real fast. i know that was not the question though so back on topic.

4. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

A rabbit and a set of welding gloves. :cool:

I really can't see the guys leading the dogs around with a pole all day, and then they still had to be in the pit with it. Had to be one weird adrenaline filled situation from start to finish.

5. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

yes i agree.. i mean just a dog aggressive dog to most common people sends em into a stupid frenzy, even myself once upon a time. i think it would take me twice as long to be confident around a HA dog though?

6. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Bullyson, Tonka, Tombstone manbitters?

7. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I'm sure these dogs weren't man attackers like some may think, I'm sure they were aggressive at times, but I doubt if they got lose they go right after the first person they see. Zebo was in many different hands during his time, so he couldn't have been all that bad. No one would be betting on them dogs back in the day if they were at high risk of losing on a foul. JMO

8. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

yeah usually so focus on what is in front of them , i had a bitch likek that ..NEVER BRED HER ..couldnt if i tryed !!! but she was a fuckin nut case !! man biter , chain biter , tear up everything around her hyper jumping snatch up everything & anyone attacked lawn mower or anything that made noise !!! ANYTHING , but she loved the kids ???? sooo we kept her.

9. AGame

AGame CH Dog

i have one something like that now

10. I HAVE HAD A FEW DOGS THAT WERE VERY EXCITED AND NIPPED BUT AS FOR THOSE DOG IN THE PAST THEY JUST PROBABLY WANTED BE BE LET LOOSE NOT LIKE HE CAN SPEAK HIS MIND AND SAY HE BUD COULD YOU GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME COTTON'S BULLET VINNY'S CH. CHINAMAN
    ZEBO GR.CH YELLOW IF THE ANIMAL IS A LEVEL 10 DOG HE NEED A LEVEL 10 OWNER CUASE IF YOU SCARED OF THE DOG AND NOT UP TO HIS STANDARDS AS FAR AS RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER HE MIGHT TRY IT BUT IF YOU CAN CONTAIN THAT INNER RAGE BUT THAT MIGHT BE ONLY THAT ONE PERSON WOULD NOT BE THE TYPE OF DOG YOU WOULD SELL TO SOMEONE WHO IS WEARY BECAUSE THE DOG MIGHT BECOME IT ASWELL
    AND THAT WHY SOME OF THESE ANIMALS SHOULD STAY WITH A SERIOUS DOG VETERAN BECAUSE YOU COULD DEFINATLY GET HURT NOT SAYING A QUARTER OF GOD BRED DOG ARE MAN BITTERS BUT DIVERSITY HAS IT TRICKS AND WERE NOT BRED LIKE THEM FOUR LEGGERS THERE TUFFER THAN WE KNOW PHISICALY AND NEVER LOOK INTO A GAME BRED DOGS EYE'S IF YOU DONT KNO EM' OR INTAGINIZE THE PUP THEN SAY HE'S A MAN KILLER JUST BAD CASE OF DISPOSITION WHEN BOUGHT BY A NEW OWNER ANXITY STRESS PLAYS A ROLE IN ALL THIS SOCILAZATION
    WITH PROPER TRAINING LOVE AND EXERSIZE MAKE FOR A TRIED HAPPY POOCH TOO MUCH TIME ON THE CHAIN NO SOCIALZATION AT ALL CAN CREATE ANIMALISTIC TEMPERS AND I DONT THINK YOU COULD PET A WILD WOLF OR COYOTE OR WILD DOG PERIOD AND NOT GET ATTACKED UNLESS YOU SOCIALIZE AND BEGIN TO DEMESTOCATE THE ANIMALS FIRST OTHER THAN THAT IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE DOG PUT HIM TO SLEEP BECAUSE IT ONLY GONNA GET WORSE AND STAY THE HELL OUT THE KITCHEN FOR YOU GET BURRRNNNNED!!!!!!! :dogkiss:

11. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Tell that to Adams.........or his son.

12. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

How many years did Adams keep Zebo, how many hands did Zebo go threw before Adams? He must have thought the dog was manageable in order to purchase Zebo. All kids will annoy a dog at some point, so I will naturally assume Zebo didn't maul his kid the very first day they met, which means Adams took the risk of having his kid around Zebo. Anything that happens to a person after they purchase a dog that has bit a person, is strictly the owners fault for not putting the dog down. If I had Zebo, no matter what title, he growls at my kids and he goes straight to god. Do not pass go and do not collect your $200... no dog is more valuable than the safety of a child, no dog! So if Adams took that gamble, then it's all on him at the expense of his kids safety. JMO

13. venom

venom Top Dog

Just because its all on him doesnt negate the fact that he's a man eater.

14. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Read the mountain man thread in the history section if you don't think zebo was an out and out maneater.

15. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

PP Zebo was that bad.

16. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

No one in their right mind would buy a dog that was that crazy from jump street. As a responsible adult, who owned a dog who is said to be aggressive enough to bite would not allow their kid around a dog like that. With that said, if his child was around Zebo then he couldn't have been that bad before Adams bought him. At the end of the day I never saw or pet Zebo, so this is all speculation and opinion. If zebo was in fact a true man-eater, then Adams was a idiot for buying him. And a true man-eater in my opinion, will not allow anyone to tend to his wounds either, especially after a match. Zebo lived for a while and he went threw many different hands, that wouldn't happen if he was a crazy man-eater like some folks are stating. That's just my opinion.

17. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

[​IMG][FONT=&quot]While I was watching and studying BullySon, he was watching and studying me as well. One day while cleaning his quarters and run, I was raking all his stools from behind the garage, dumping them into a waste can. Between the back of the garage and the six foot fence that separated my property from the alley was a space about three feet wide. This was where BullySon would go empty. Daily, since bringing him home, I performed this task, keeping this area as clean as possible. On that day for some reason known only to BullySon something clicked in his head and he charged me, pinning me with my back against the fence in the small space between the garage and the back alley fence. BullySon was screaming and snapping at me, in a frenzy to reach me. I was pressed as flat against the fence as I could get with only six inches separating me from an extremely pissed off dog. If I tried to bend my knees, he would bite my legs and I didn't have room or dare turn my back. For four hours BullySon kept me pinned in that small space, finally, around four o'clock in the afternoon, my little girl, Pamela, arrived home from school. I shouted for her, told her not to come into the Yard, but to call BullySon. She did and when he heard her voice he immediately ran to her like a pup, giving me time to Turn and jump the fence. All of my efforts to get near BullySon so far had been to no avail. [/FONT][​IMG]

-Bobby Hall

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

[​IMG]<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJoey%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJoey%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJoey%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} span.postbody {mso-style-name:postbody; mso-style-unhide:no;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->Now came the chore of unloading BullySon which Palumbo wanted no part. I set the crate on the ground behind the car. I had a lariat rope in my car that I had earlier borrowed from my bull-riding rodeo friend, Art Riley. I tied the rope to the length of chain protruding from the crate. I fixed both snaps on the crate so when I tugged on the rope the gate on the Kennel cage would come open. I stepped back from the cage, took a deep breath and gently pulled the rope. BullySon came out of the cage like an explosion! He was a blur as he raced to the end of the driveway. When he reached the end of his rope and chain, and could go no further, he then began to buck like a wild mustang. Realizing he could not get loose, he then charged me. As fast as I could I scrambled to the top of Palumbo's Cadillac. Palumbo had already dashed into his house and was at the Front door watching. I jumped over the Cadillac and keeping the car between myself and the dog, got some slack on the rope. Since Palumbo's garage was equipped with an electric 'genie' door opener, I yelled as I worked the rope, "Raise the door!" He did and I rolled under.

Just as BullySon made another lunge for me, the door came down leaving the dog outside the garage. I had about two foot of rope inside the garage with me, leaving it on the floor, I made my way through the side door of the garage. The back door to the house was directly across the breezeway from the garage. Palumbo was now standing there and I asked him if he would go inside the garage and pull the rope under the door. I would go outside and using myself as a lure, unwind BullySon from under the Cadillac for by now he had been all around and under it. All the time I was trying to get the crazy dog to unwind he was trying to eat me up. I kept hollering to Palumbo, "Take up the slack, take up the slack." Finally we managed to get the dog to within three feet of the garage door. I went back through the back gate into 1 the garage. Palumbo ran back into the house. Pulling the rope through I the back door of the garage I pulled the door to, leaving a crack so I I could watch the dog. I signaled Palumbo to raise the garage door, he did, and in charged BullySon. Palumbo closed the electric door once I more. Now we had BullySon in the garage. Holding the door shut on the rope, I slowly pulled it through until I was able to get enough rope to reach the back door of the house. I looked at Palumbo. "Are you ready?" I asked. We both laughed. Never had we expected such a simple thing as picking up a dog to turn into a three ring circus. I dashed across the breezeway to the back door of the house with BullySon close on my heels. When I released the garage door, BullySon charged through. I now had BullySon in the backyard I where I wanted him. I pulled the rope into the house untying it from the chain. The chain would stay attached and since there was nothing in the Yard the dog might become entangled in, I didn't worry much about that. I felt after the dog calmed down I could always remove the chain. For a month BullySon ran loose in that backyard and for a month he wore a chain, and for a month I couldn't even go inside the yard.
    [​IMG]

-Bobby Hall

20. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

You can't ride in a car with a real man eater. As far as the post just pasted, all his bites were when zebo was on a chain. So I guess we gotta agree to disagree. Ain't no bunch of guys riding in a truck for hours with a real man eater either. And that happened with Zebo many times. Yea he's bit folks, but i had a American bulldog that would attempt to kill every living thing that didn't live with us. Every man, woman and child and animals was a target every single second of every day until we put her down. This is my definition of a man eater. She would attack a person with the intent on killing them, and there were no if's ands or buts about it. She was put down after she chased a kid trying to kill him, if I didn't catch her when the kid jumped a fence, he would've been killed. This is my version of a true man eater. Not Zebo in my opinion, but I still would've shot him though. JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010