1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sorrells

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bamaman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

There were quite a few people that had great success with those dogs . But none as good as Mad and Skip .

2. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

Look at Tatonka now! What are your thoughts?

3. FrozenEli

FrozenEli Top Dog

I'll be the second to tell mine, I just want to hear one to set me off on the truth

4. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Do you still have this?

CPK APBT likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That's that old school blood you want. May want to consider the source lol. 22 match wins there from Mad and Skip though.

david63 likes this.
  7. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

What's the averages weights of these dogs I know specific let's say sub lines can run different but on a whole are they bigger sized dogs the ones I've seen seem to be 50lbs and over

CPK APBT likes this.
  8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Wicked the Sorrells dogs look bigger even at the same weight. Weight is about average as any other family .

crook60 and CPK APBT like this.
  9. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

10. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Anyone know about his goober dog

11. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog

Bert Sorrells used 3 major strains as to build his base of dogs . Red Herry, Bull and Corvino . He also added Boomerang into his family. These Hicks dogs are Not Sorrells but heavy in Old Sorrells. These are line bred based on 3 different families . Hicks , Greenwood and Tatonka. All use Sorrells as a major part of their individual Base.
    The Hicks is Line bred heavy on Red Jerry ,Uncle Bud and Old Corvino, The Greenwood has some Boots the Balck Smith and Sorrells heavy Old Corvino along with Greenwoods Comino) belly mate to Sorrells Bull and 1/2 brother to Bolio, as a major part of their base and the Tatonka in this dog is line bred Sorrells Ch Sailor and the dog is Heavy Bull(brother to Bolio) along with the other Sorrels dog. All bulldog -Bulldog, working dogs . Different family that is still heavy on the Old Sorrells blood. http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=841218 & http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=839266 & this just to show a few http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=827544 and that the Sorrells blood is still going on just in another form. Some from Corvino to Sorrells to Hicks .

david63 likes this.
  12. crook60

crook60 Pup

Incredible how well kept the blood is to this day. they make excellent hog hunters, salute to Mads and H Lee Robinson for keeping it going today.