1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Kennels

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by Big Game Bulldogs, Nov 5, 2021.

?

Does Southern Kennels have a history of producing high quality game dogs?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

The standard was written based on Jimmy Boots I know the man who handled J.B. when he was started....

I'd take the 2nd party information on him long before I believed Google or the standard written about him.

Revelator likes this.
  2. snk88

snk88 Pup

So I have to go off of your word. Maybe you’re telling the truth. Maybe you’re lying. I’ll also add, any dog breed, even if you’re doing it right and breeding to standard, will always have pups pop up here and there that are not within standard. Everyone here should know that. My point being is you should never breed that dog. Only the best representations of the breed should be bred. NO EXCEPTIONS. If there are minor imperfections, I’m not saying you can’t breed the dog. No dog is perfect. But a dog who will redirect to its master is NOT A BREED WORTHY DOG. You should always be striving to fix the weaknessses in your bloodline. But some traits with REAL APBTS are unforgivable and should never be replicated. But unfortunately they are. And now we have a large percentage of APBTs that don’t fit the standard.

3. snk88

snk88 Pup

Idk if it’s Jesus Christ himself. If you are breeding APBTs and you breed a man biter, you are breeding a huge fault into your bloodline. I know there are man biters in the breed. Famous dogs and famous dogman bred them. I’m not arguing that. I completely understand that. What I’m saying is that’s what’s the problem!!! Breeding those dogs was a huge mistake are they winning in the pit? Absolutely. We all should know that. But just like the amstaff is an amstaff because it’s missing the performance side of the APBT. The modern day game dog is missing the stability it was originally meant to have. Making it a different animal than what was originally intended. This is my point. Focusing on performance is #1 priority. But the stability side, the responsibility side of the breeder, has been neglected and that’s why we now see dogs on yards that are man biters and cloudy headed and all sorts of other issues.

4. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

You don't know the difference between a man biter and a dog in action nipping it's handler to get away.

You're literally picturing some shitty fucking Mal who when it gets outed spins around and hits its handler full bore like he's the decoy.

We're talking about dogs who have no vicious intent biting you to be let go after their adversary.

BTK1993 likes this.
  5. snk88

snk88 Pup

Your experience is with a dog breed that isn’t an APBT according to the breed standard. Your experience is with a different breed. Though I’m sure you’ve had some good dogs maybe that met the standard. According to the info you’ve given me, you’re ok with having a dog that isn’t fitting into the breed standard. Second, Idt you’d be slapping my teeth out. Do you know me at all? It’s easy to say things online. To act tough to someone who’s not in front of you. But if you knew that I’m a brown belt in jujitsu and im an amateur mma fighter, I doubt you’d run your mouth like that in front of me. Again, you resort to name calling and bashing because you’re a weak minded man. You show who you really are. Maybe it makes you feel good and you feel tough being an online warrior. But I can see through what you portray that you are weak, driven by emotion. You would quit when things got tough. Most likely you fight dogs to feel tough. It validates you huh? When deep down you know you’re weak and mouthy. Real ones don’t portray themselves the way you do. Don’t talk about, be about it

6. snk88

snk88 Pup

What you’re talking about is a cloudy headed dog. It has so much drive, which is a great thing, but it lacks stability/clear headedness to hold itself together and not bite its master. It’s missing stability side of equation.

7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

You do realize Colby's dog killed a child right. We're talking widely considered grandfather of the breed had a dog who killed his own nephew....

Revelator likes this.
  8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

You obviously care in your false sense of reality. Your literally using a confirmation show as the base of your moot point argument lol.
    You have never laid hands on a dog or been around the guys with them. But your going to give a opinion on what should or shouldn't get bred.
    How about you breed up some dogs and set a standard before committing on the dogs in general.

9. snk88

snk88 Pup

How about the ADBA breed standard in which all of the game dogs are registered through? How about their description of the breed standard? You use that registry don’t you?

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

The ADBA registered a cat so explain just how reputable they are lol

Revelator likes this.
  11. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I don't breed or sell dogs so idk how I got conflated in this.... but every single person I know that does would whole heartedly slack the shit out of you for speaking to them how you've been speaking to us. You're the internet guru and tough guy who asked us questions then came in on your Google high horse talking shit. No one I know that breeds dogs would let a man talk to then how you have us when wanting something from them.

If every internet bjj brown belt and future ufc star was actually one you wouldn't have people like you who talk the way they do online. Everyone would be meeting up and beating the shit out of each other not typing out fake accolades online.

If chico pulling a rib eye and biting it's face impresses you by all means go buy one. No one will be impressed or care but you. I can go pull a steak out of all my dogs mouths. Not being food aggressive is not a giant feat.

Revelator likes this.
  12. snk88

snk88 Pup

I’ve given you multiple standards to the breed from multiple sources. I gave you ADBA standard, Richard Stratton books, the other website with the famous dogman, the temperament off of google, and Chico Lopez. All reputable sources. Idk how else I can say it. If you breed man biting APBTs you don’t have my respect and you are the problem with the breed. We’re going in circles now. I’m going to stop. I did get some great info from some of you guys and I appreciate the Michigan reference. I will look into that. That was the best thing I’ve gotten from this forum. Thank you for that whoever that was. That being said, I enjoyed the convo we all had. Even tho we disagree and it gets heated. I enjoyed it and learned a few things. Thank you all for everything. Even some of the immature people and certain comments you’ve made. Even you have taught me some things. No hard feelings on my end. Make the APBT great again!!! Peace

13. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

"Basically being a professional dog trainer" along with being a Dave camarrilo prodigy you'd think you'd know the difference with that gimmicky food aggression shit vs a dog in the box nipping his handler to be let go vs an actual redirect on the handler like when daddy and the rest of the cops get around and train their k9s....

14. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Chico Lopez is a reputable source?

We're talking the snitch, dog thief, cop calling, used a sharpened metal instrument on the oppositions dog Chico Lopez right?

Revelator likes this.
  15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Bud you have done absolutely nothing but give a confirmation show standard. piece together a uninformed opinion and stand on a soap box with broken legs.

16. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Ralph Greenwood(who wrote the adba standard) wrote it based on the dog Jimmy Boots, I know who handled Jimmy Boots when they started him.

The point which you missed is you're looking at letters on paper and Google I can ride 20 min up the road and hear it all first hand. That would also be how I know Ralph had dogs that would nip you to be let go of.

Google vs real life.

Revelator likes this.
  17. ELP

ELP Pup

It's pretty obvious you have never held a very intense high prey bulldog wanting to be released to go hunting, to know what most of these guys are talking about. The so called standard is for show purposes. Throw that standard out the window when you're talking about performance.

Revelator and Ssdd like this.
  18. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

19. GrChHaunch

GrChHaunch Top Dog

How did Dave get into this? I use to train with the bothers a bit way back when. They had some sick Judo. I can expose this BS in about 3 seconds.

20. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I used Dave as a jest....

AGK likes this.