1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stafford influencers.

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by GOLDENBOY88, Sep 26, 2022.

1. I see alot of so called old school staffords on social media these days. They mostly look like pitbulls and claim to be dublin red strain. Also it seems to be a fair amount of black and tans from these dogs. The old DRS dogs didnt look like this and didnt seem to throw this mutch black and tan, thoughts?

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I've been told at least 1 parent has to carry that black and tan Gene to reproduce a black and tan . I know this doesn't explain much and I'm not familiar with those dogs but that's how it works in pit bulls.

david63 likes this.
  3. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I think there was a small number of the Dublin Red Strain that ware black and tan , see one on TLs yard in late 1970s , but not sure how it was bred , and I know Russell's Joe produced some , this is him BULL
    [​IMG]

4. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Some pups by Russell's Red Joe ,, not 100% sure but I think out of Rio
    [​IMG]

5. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

Ebony Lady by Red Joe and Rio
    [​IMG]

6. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

another by Russell's Red Joe ,,Sam out of Ch Molly
    [​IMG]

7. Its clear that the black and tan has been there before , maybe facebook fools you that there are more than it actualy is. Thnx for pics Dusty.

But then again what happened to the conformation of the dogs from the famous dublin red strain? if you compare it to dogs from the psycho line they seem to be mutch more consitent in looks.

8. Ragnar

Ragnar Pup

I think Goldenboy88 has a valid point. I don't deny the fact that Red Joe produced black and tan back in the 1980s. The problem is that they suddenly reappeared and now are quite common.

At the same time, conformation-bred Tatonka dogs have been imported to continental Europe. People that are familiar with the line know that black and tan is a common color in the line. If you look at Tatonka and the dogs they've used in their breeding program you can see that they are usually within the weight that the standard for Staffordshire Bull Terrier prescribes.

With that in mind, I don't think that it's a coincidence that the black and tan have become more common among Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

GOLDENBOY88 likes this.
  9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

hmmmm I can tell you that Bert Sorrells didn't mind Black and Tan dogs as long as they were good and he had some and called throwbacks. He liked them well enough to breed to a good one.Bert didn't care what color they was if it was a good dog. If one parent carries the black and tan gene and bred to a red or black then chances are high you will get a black and tan dog but if your breeding 2 good dogs which is what buckshot was known for then it doesn't matter . I could go into further detail bout what Bert said but no need. YES it is a color in Tatonka dogs which haven't been anything like the Sorrells dogs of the past but those black and tans came from good ones from a long time ago.Which really doesn't matter .

david63 likes this.
  10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Red or Black dog will produce black and tan if it carries the gene. Red or Black can produce a throwback which is rare to a Black and Tan which happened in Bert's case and the dog was good so Bert bred to him and naturally the color became more relevant in his dogs.

11. The colour is one thing, but the looks of these dog i am speaking scream of APBT.
    Dont know how to post pictures but just look in the stafford groups on facebook. And as soon as you question it you are out off the group.... says alot.

12. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

https://imgbb.com/

13. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

There always was a lot of variation, large heavy set dogs , racy leggy dogs , but kc dogs only show one type , and that type is getting further away from original type that came direct from same type of dogs that became APBT

patjr likes this.
  14. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

some SBT with not so typical look
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

typical show SBT , more like a tou dog than what the Original ware
    [​IMG]

16. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

More like a TOY dog , I meant

17. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

If just looking for a pet you can keep fit and be active with. I used to think some the blue Stafford’s at the old reid shows looked good for that. What’s interesting is when I’ve looked online just having a nose. Most the blue Stafford’s I see being bred look shit in comparison. I suppose part of that comes down to people just wanting to breed blue dogs to top up their benefits. I’d of been tempted by the more athletic staffords from those shows for just a fit pet n no worries about the dda. Not a chance I’d own the horrible fuckers I’ve seen on a popular pet selling site.

Gamest staff I ever saw was a triple bred rocky my dear bitch. Owner sadly got a bad coke problem n the dogs paid the price imo with how he kept them in the end. Part of me wishes I took her off him tbh. After seeing her prove herself. Just felt like she was owed a decent life. Always stuck with me seeing her. Although tbh probably couldn’t of walked her where I was living at the time.
    Also saw some staffs owned by a member who used to visit here. Was lovely dogs and could tell they wasn’t pitbulls. Although if I remember correctly there was some pitbull in them generations back.

18. Revelator

Revelator Big Dog

Damned if that don't look like my rottie!

19. Pit dog

Pit dog Pup

Sam era un Stafford, comprobado en el juego, se decía que tuvo varios combates no oficiales que ganó… Oficialmente tiene una pelea con contrato, es un 1xW…