1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tennessee Legislation

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by bdubya, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bdubya

bdubya Pup

Even though the State of TN has decided against a state wide ban, it doesn't stop individual counties or cities from banning Pit Bulls. South Pittburgh, TN has already done it. They passed the law because a "wild pack of Pit Bull mix dogs" attacked a teenage boy. A local politician, Tom Landers, played a big part in passing the ban.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never seen Pits run in "packs". Also, I saw the news report that kept emphasizing the phrase "wild pack of Pit Bull mix dogs" but the dogs they were showing certainly didn't look anything like a Pit Bullto me.

Does anyone know of any other communities in TN, or any other state for that matter, that have passed or are considering a ban? I want to contact anyone I can that supports BSL and voice my opinion. I believe every responsible Pit Bull owner should do the same. If we don't, we could all eventually be at risk of losing our animals!!!

2. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Dade County in Miami has a Pit Bull Ban. I dont know of any others in Florida.

3. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

This link should help you.

Yeah, there have been many account where there is a vicious "pit bull" attack, and then they show some dog that doesn't even kind of look like the APBT.