1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tiny tiny pit

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Oxstaf, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Joe Black

Joe Black Banned

^^^^^ keep reading wicki, Boston Terriërs have always been created to be a pet dog.

2. NGK

NGK Top Dog

3. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

The official name Boston Terrier was created as a pet dog. But dog fighting was alive and well in Boston & as with different locations they had there own flavor of dog with no doubt influence from APBT ancestry or some common knowledge as to what was creating a good fighting dog , in late 1700's & 1800 's wile travel from state to state did occur. There was more seclusion during those years . I believe the Bostonians did create bullet heads or round heads as they were called and they fought courageously . If they were superior dogs,there influence and mention would have gone further in APBT records. Regardless some thing nice was there as some one felt compelled to use a Boston fighting dog as foundation stock in the creation of Boston Terriers. It's safe to say Boston Terriers and APBT's grandfathers dealt with each other .
    In one of Richard Stratton books or a Pit Bull gazette mag. is listed a APBT 1/2 and Boston Terrier 1/2 that won a match then lost a match . Does show how 35 years ago some one wanted to see what would be of the mix.

4. robbie70

robbie70 Pup

I thought she was born in june of 2010?

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Regardless what they were bred for,Bostons are happy and willing to fight.I've got some and they get pretty rough on each other if they ever get together.I used to have a female that would kill the other bostons,even killed a male I had with her once.I have one that's so scared up she looks like an old pit dog,lol They may not be a little APBT but they're closer than the other ankle biters,and I've seen a couple that were pretty game little dogs,for what they were.It's a shame people breed them and try to get that short muzzle and bug eyes because if the muzzles were a hair longer and the eyes not so prone to injury,they'd be tough little dogs.Goes to show what breeding for looks gets a breed :-(