1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UPDATE on Joy, the stray pitbull

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by Rottweilerlvr, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Rottweilerlvr

Rottweilerlvr Big Dog

Ok... After putting flyers up, contacted the local pitbull rescue, and shelters to see if anyone called on a missing pitbull, nothing has come up. One rescue gave me some links to get her on the web for GA found dogs, which I have done to include putting her up on Petfinder in the classified section. Nothing... I got nothing... I did get a email from a guy who wanted to buy her and any other pitbull I had, and was willing to spend money... I deleted and didn't respond. That's it... So, I received a SOS from NCRR(where I rescued Baxter), they knew I already had Joy and the rott pup I was working with( who is back with mom), and asked if I could pick of a rottweiler here in Atlanta, who's daddy died, to "emergency" foster, until we figured out how to get her up to North Carolina. So, I now also have Dixie, a extremely sweet rottweiler, who has just fit in with everyone. The twist, NCRR has Joy on their website for adoption and are willing to help find Joy a home in the SC/NC area. They have adopted out pitbulls before. I am transporting Dixie up to NC next week, she already has a family in wait, and if someone "bites" on Joy's profile within the next week, she will be traveling along also, to her forever home. If no one "bites" immediately, she will continue to stay with me, as I don't want her to take the spot of a rottweiler needing a foster home up there... Here's their link... Go to available dogs, Joy is at the bottom and you can see her "BIO" and pics.

http://ncrottierescue.net/