1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Vick Pleads guilty

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bullyson, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

They're saying the gambling is what he's being persecuted for. The dogfighting took a back seat. These people amaze me.

2. Michele

Michele Guest

3. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

For all you members on here mentioning anything negative about Vick…YOU’RE A FREAKING CUR! He’s not the problem, what he allegedly did, or even the attention his case drew. The problem is the curs like yourself that live under this falsehood you “love” the breed all the while so stupid you believe everything the AR groups say! Lets look at what they accuse him of-dogfighting. Big freaking deal! Hello people that in the real world within this breed is considered-TESTING and keeping the breed true to its standard. What about the drowning and/or electrocution? Is that not CULLING? Ironic he’s looked down on by some of you curs on this board for having a working standard and culling. Yet if his dogs acted badly towards a stranger you’d be yelling; “KILL IT, IT SHOULDN’T BE MEAN”. What a bunch of clueless hypocrites! <O:p</O:p

You members need to wake up and come back to the real world of working dogs. Test and culling happens and is vital to the success of any yard and breed in general. Hell it doesn’t just happen in working kennels. It happens a lot in the conformation AKC type of shows. Hence the saying they have; “can’t drown them, don’t breed them”. The problem isn’t Vick, what he supposedly did, the breed, or anything else. It’s IMBECILES like yourself that are extremely gullible and believe anything the media and AR groups tell you. Yet it was the exact type of person as Vick, those that tested and culled their dogs that ultimately created this great breed. If you have a problem with him…you’ve got a problem with this breed in general and simply an enemy to it!<O:p</O:p

If Vick is to be faulted for anything it should be hanging around snitches and accepting a plea. As we all know great lawyers get people off for murder, rape, etc, all the time. He had the money and the case had the attention of the media that equals high profile lawyers more than willing to take the case. Despite taking the plea, the sport is still bettered by his actions and the exposure of a couple of more snitches. Just like this board has been clearly made aware of the culls it has and needs to swiftly deal with!

SMOKIN HEMI, idgie, CRG and 2 others like this.
  4. Michele

Michele Guest

[QUOTEHello people that in the real world within this breed is considered-TESTING and keeping the breed true to its standard. ][/QUOTE] \

I do understand this but it's illegal here....

Ok, if this is the case, then why did he take a plea?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
  5. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

What about Leonard Little??? Plays for the St Louis Rams at DE/LB.

He KILLED a woman and was allowed to play in the NFL, did little to no Jail time (6 mths?) and the media didnt take the story and run with it so nobody knows about him. He even still plays in the same town he killed the lady in.

6. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

amen... he realy deserves those animal cruelty charges..... that last this we need in the game.... people who dont respect it

7. Michele

Michele Guest

Texasbulldogs: If you are going to "preserve" this breed, then either do it the right way, or don't do it. Vick was associated with people that were no good. So, that makes him guilty by assocation. Would you have people like this on your yard?

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

Your whole post is stupid...totally ignoring what Vic did. It's posts like yours that make us all look bad.

14rock likes this.
  9. jman11

I LOVE how eveyone on here is so fact to through the cur card. It is a very strong word and when people use it out of context it looses its meaning.

and IMO culling should be an instant thing. i personally think its cruel to put a dog through a 1 or 2 minute death. do you really want to hold your dog underwater while he/she is squeaming and dying? .357 all day

10. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

LMAO,,LMAO,,, leave it up to you to jump in with that,,
    some ppl TX seem to think in the dog world these things don't happen but for the breed to stay true to form it has to,, i don't believe in drowning a dog or slamming it,,just put it down and get it done,, but electricution seems to be the easiest form and only takes a few seconds and its over,,but some just don't seem to gt the working dog theory,,, lol,,, and this is what really gets me over this Vick deal,, if this would have been joe blow on the corner selling smack and fightin dogs this wouldn't even made the news but since its him they twist the whole to make it sound how the want

11. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

Texasbulldogs: If you are going to "preserve" this breed, then either do it the right way, or don't do it. Vick was associated with people that were no good. So, that makes him guilty by assocation. Would you have people like this on your yard?
    What was this supposedly “wrong way” did he go about it? From the limited one-sided AR group driven press on it. It appears he was doing it the right way, seems to of used the dogs, had a standard, and culled those that didn’t meet his standard. That makes him a determent to the breed how? Seems he does what many only “claim” to do and if he ever claimed to of enjoyed, loved, or whatever this great breed…his actions proved it. Unlike most that only give meaningless verbal chatter backed up with zero actual accomplishments. From all accounts his actions proved he was trying to keep the breed true to its working standards. So what’s to fault him for…being a household name? <O:p</O:p

As for the people he hung around and if I’d of let them on my yard…can’t answer that question. It’s very easy to say; NO after the fact they ratted him out. Reality is we don’t know who we allow on our yards and if they’d do the same or remain loyal to the end. For all I or anyone else knows, we’ve allowed worse on our yards, possibly in communication with them currently. Only way we’ll ever know 100% is if we’re put in a similar situation. Way it’s always been and will probably always be. After all have you ever heard anyone come right out and say; “I’m a rat good buddy, if I’m backed in a corner I’m going to tuck tail and spill the beans on everyone”? No, everyone says; “I’d never do that”! But we know it’s a lie and many will, just we hope it’s not someone we consider a friend or in our group. We clearly can see the rats and cur actions of members of this board when they clearly state; “He should get the max, blah, blah, blah”! Those are the types that should be CULLED if this board is clearly for the preservation of the APBT! Real smart of the board to continue trying to educate THE ENEMY!<O:p> </O:p>

Your whole post is stupid...totally ignoring what Vic did.
    Then please fill me in bright one…what exactly did he do? If need be refer to the over exaggerated AR group’s agenda motivated accounts…that they made up.<O:p</O:p

and IMO culling should be an instant thing. i personally think its cruel to put a dog through a 1 or 2 minute death. do you really want to hold your dog underwater while he/she is squeaming and dying? .357 all day
    I agree, but realize gun fire in the majority of places attracts and brings unwanted attention. I don’t believe he or his group drowned any dogs, for the simple fact most are no where near strong enough to hold down a dog struggling for it’s life and the tow nails would wreak havoc on a mans skin. In my opinion it was simply a “horror story” to promote their agenda and get them a lot of donations, much like them saying; “the dogs fight for 40 minutes to 10 hours”. They had to horror up the culling, what more horrific way than to use electrocution and drowning. As a society we used to electrocute the most evil and cruel criminals and most have a fear of drowning as a way of dying. Conveniently though, forgetting to mention how they cull more than all kennels combined, along with race horse enthusiast, etc. Hell didn’t they quickly kill his dogs, the same ones they pleaded to help save? Oh I forgot if you tell people: “they just quietly go to sleep” it’s much different. Yea right the results are the same-death.

12. Michele

Michele Guest

Plenty of Joe Blow's make the headlines with regard to this breed. Why do you think we have all this BSL crap now.....

I'll say it again. If you can't do it RIGHT, don't do it at all.

13. Michele

Michele Guest

Well, if he's going to engage in this sport, then don't you think he should be 24/7 hands on? After all, the "real dogmen" did it this way, no? That's what I mean by " if you are going to do it the right way". He left it up to a couple of idiot wanna be's and look what happened.

14. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

15. jman11

the media is the sultan of spin. i dislike them with a passion.

16. Michele

Michele Guest

He was found by police abandoning a dog by the side of the road, better than electrocution, but still not cool.

Look, i don't condone dogfighting, but I understand it. Everything else, I'm sorry, but I just can't even think about condoning. My honest opinion.

17. i agree with this jeep. the worst part is he went out and got another dwi not long after that case was finalized. sad sad story.

18. Michele

Michele Guest

Texasbulldogs doesn't make stupid posts. Just because you don't agree with his post, that doesn't make it stupid.

19. simms

simms CH Dog

<TABLE class=tborder id=post238874 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost> #35 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    <!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] Today, 02:05 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>jman11 [​IMG]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_238874", true); </SCRIPT>
    </TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jul 2007

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: Vick Pleads guilty
    <HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Texasbulldogs

I agree, but realize gun fire in the majority of places attracts and brings unwanted attention. I don’t believe he or his group drowned any dogs, for the simple fact most are no where near strong enough to hold down a dog struggling for it’s life and the tow nails would wreak havoc on a mans skin. In my opinion it was simply a “horror story” to promote their agenda and get them a lot of donations, much like them saying; “the dogs fight for 40 minutes to 10 hours”. They had to horror up the culling, what more horrific way than to use electrocution and drowning. As a society we used to electrocute the most evil and cruel criminals and most have a fear of drowning as a way of dying. Conveniently though, forgetting to mention how they cull more than all kennels combined, along with race horse enthusiast, etc. Hell didn’t they quickly kill his dogs, the same ones they pleaded to help save? Oh I forgot if you tell people: “they just quietly go to sleep” it’s much different. Yea right the results are the same-death.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    the media is the sultan of spin. i dislike them with a passion.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I agree, I think that this case has been dramatized. Also beleive that despite those animals, Vick shouldn't have took a plea...however what seems to be the lesser is going to effect his career.

That in it's self is steep enough of a punishment...he has to walk around known as a pussy fo sho!

So, should we let these high profilers play in the game anymore? IMO, Nope!

20. simms

simms CH Dog

C'mon you got a little more substance than that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.