1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What other Breeds do you like?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PitDawg, Nov 9, 2005.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I like big dopey large breeds, I've got an English Mastiff and my father used to own the largest (at the time) St. Bernard in the world when he was a kid so thats something thats kind of stuck.

Other than large breeds I like any dog that still works as it was bred to do, I like alot of the old Southern hunting dogs and am really impressed with patterdales too.

For some reason I've got a soft spot for bloodhounds too.....

2. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

cockers, dobermans, any hound, rottweiler, dalmations.... heres my cocker Son Goku

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  3. aww i luv his name... i want to name one of my future pits Goku... theyre just like him... gentle, loving, but a fighter when u mess with friends/family and if u start trouble...

4. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Top Dog

Here's my baby Kiya, she is a pug/rat terrier mix. She is 4 years old. I know she's not the cutest thing but I love her anyway. She needs to go on a diet. She's too fat right now.

[​IMG]

5. J Henry

J Henry Big Dog

I like Patterdales and Blue Tick coonhound.

6. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Irish Wolfhound - my great grandfather had one named Liam that I loved. I still want one - Husband said NO INDOOR PONIES!!

I also like Bull Mastiffs, English Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Kerry Blue Terrier, Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

I like dogs with a little bit of jowl - not too much though.

I still remember ducking to avoid the flying spit trails from a friends Mastiff and Neopolitan Mastiff. YUCK!

7. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Yeh ferrets are cool. They have their own agenda and its mostly about getting into some kind of mischief. My first ferret, "Booger" would run full speed, jump onto the back of my sleeping dog, bounce off the other side and keep runnin. The dog never knew what hit him. The ferret I have now, "Zero" is not afraid of my pit. Ive seen him leap straight at the dogs face, mouth wide open, going in for the kill. lol. Fortunately I was able to catch him before he got the dog. He will shake out a hold on my socks too. They are definitely little "carpet sharks".

8. hillbilly

hillbilly Big Dog

i bet he can runem up the tree,i love him why dont ya send him to me ; )

9. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

LOL, Don't tempt me with all that howling he does. My goodness, he is enough to drive anyone crazy. Next month he starts trailing with the big dogs.

10. Sid Finster

Sid Finster Big Dog

Caucasian shepherds, Serbian wolfdogs, Turkish shepherds and the Central Asian breeds. Also coon hounds.

11. Rasp

Rasp Pup

I need a dog that I can take camping or on long walks. They need to be hardy, and they need to be able to act like a real dog. I need my dog to be a friend - not my baby. I see some people really baby their dogs at times. Little dogs with ribbons in their fur that get carried around like babies and get treated as such, are not to my way of thinking, what a dog should be. I mention this only because that is what I normally see walking around the inner city suburb I live in. Mostly I just like a dog that is a good size and healthy, and not a product of what I see, as a dog bred to a bad breeding standard like the English Bulldog.

So here are some of my favorites:

English Bull Terriers. They're funny dogs, complete clowns. They're also tuff, hardy little dogs. They look kind of cool too.

Dobermans Pinchers. The ultimate guard dog.

Whippets and Grey Hounds. I simply admire them for their amazing speed.

German Shepards. Like Dobermans, they make good guard dogs. They're good looking. Another dog that fits into "my" idea of what a real dog should be.

Still, nothing to my mind beats an A.P.B.T. and since I don't want to own huge amounts of dogs to find out, I'll going to stick with good, old fashioned working Bulldogs.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2005