1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

10 most agressive dog breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by viegas703, Jun 30, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

2. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Found this funny in the comments

"pitts are not a large breed they actually barley make it in the medium size catagory it says you got bit by a doberman you should know that they are 90% of the time almost twice the size of a pitt unless its a texas red/blue nose"

3. MCS

MCS CH Dog

LOL. It is so true, they have no clue. Just the other day this greyhound rescue lady that is an associate of my wife stopped by and was talking with her. She stated "wow, your pit bull is small. I have a friend that has one and it is bigger." I just told her even she conforms to the correct size for an APBT, but there are several breeds that get called "pit bulls". She just looked at me like "OK, sure". But I get looked at like I am a nut for explaining it to people. Most don't even know APBT is a breed, they act like I made up the name or something. Sad people have the mindset that a "pit bull" is a 70 pound man eating monster at the end of a chain.:(

4. BRONXXX

BRONXXX Big Dog

"Pit bulls have a reputation of mauling people to death "

:rofl:

5. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

You just see in the description how pitbulls lock their jaws and wont let go and you cant help but laugh. then the comments the people posted are even better.

"PITBULLS ARE 1/2 THE SIZE OF A DOLV3RMAN BUT LIKE, TOTALLY MORE FUCKING DANGEROUS AND SHIT!
    HALP ME, I WAS BIT BY A DOLVERMAN!!!!"

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Who is that according to because AKC puts out a thing every year in most major newpapers of the top 40 breeds most likely to bite and the ABPT isnt even mentioned #1 is the cocker spanial, dalmation was in the top 5 presas were in the top 10 rotties in the top 10 greman shepard was in the top 5 hell poddles are in the top 3 is that world wide or just the US? Also I didn't read that if it was Attacks or Deaths from?:confused:

ok nevermind that last question I found it, sort of, it's what conclusion they came to based on the information they had but it don't say how they got their statistics or from what source it just mentions the CDC and AVMA and.........HSUS hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

7. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Theres no way any of that is based on real statistics. Its all what they believe and want others to belive. They dont even use an apbt as the photo for pitbull.

8. MCS

MCS CH Dog

They say the size is 55 to 65 pounds. They obviously are not refering to an APBT. :D

9. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

im surprised they didnt say 65-150

10. AGK

Well the standard is 35 - 65 lbs and I have personally seen gamedogs in the upper 60's OTC. So, they can very commonly be 50 - 60lbs within several popular Bloodlines.
    thats catchweight dogs
    I've never owned one that big but I have seen many of them in those weights.;)

11. MCS

MCS CH Dog

I gotcha AGK. I was being a smart ass of how it was the upper end of the spectrum. The public never realizes they are under 50 pounds is my point. Most think they are 100 LOL

12. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

So since my bitch is under 55 she is obviously not a "pit bull":rolleyes:

13. I love some of these descriptions:

Presa - " an attack by this dog has been described as hopeless for the victim."

Pit Bull - "They will lock their jaws onto the prey until it's dead. Pit bulls have a reputation of mauling people to death and they are highly sought for dog fighting."

REALLY???:p

14. AGK

well shit shakaz i got 38 - 44 lbers the under 55lb is them pocket pits :)

15. AGK

My fault MCS I never seem to catch sarcasim in type....lol

16. chucho

chucho Big Dog

''Fatty girl'' in my avitar is 51lbs. What is she?

17. chucho

chucho Big Dog

VIEGAS, I think they forgot the miniature schnauzer on that list. Its amazing how they come up with these statistics. I remeber that the Dobi was the bad dog of the 70's the Rottie in the 80's and 90's till today they say its the most loyal of all dogs the APBT.

18. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

It complete crap. Most of my fav dogs get bad reps but i personally dont see it. I have only come across 1 vicious pitbull and she was caring to her newborn litters LOL.

19. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Me, AGK, and Chucho, got pocket pits... and I think they forgot about all the toy breeds out there.

20. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Whats your definition of a pocket pit? from what ive been seeing and reading a pocket pit refers to a blue hippo standing no more than 15 inches at the withers and weighing 90+