1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

2 inch collars

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by americandream, Dec 19, 2005.

1. americandream

americandream Top Dog

do you guys know anywhere i could order a 2 inch wide collar off the internet?

2. CB

CB CH Dog

3. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Run a search on the forum and you will get plenty of info. Here is just one recent thread were it was covered.

5. tnob

tnob Big Dog

www.stillwaterkennels.com

Best prices, very nice products. All my dogs have these collars, great quality. Fast shipping, stand up guy.

6. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

You can order them from me! I started making custom collars because I couldn't find what I wanted.

[​IMG]

Have a look at the collar syles here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/petes_dog_gear/

This is my temporary site until January 2006 when I have the time to get my permanent site up. Then this site with be the sounding board for new designs and products.

Pictures of products that I haven't had time to post yet: http://photobucket.com/albums/c326/PetesDogGear/Collars/

Plain buckle collars with no trim or fancy bits are available too, I haven't finished photographing the samples yet :)

If you are looking for something I don't have posted, let me know. And I also appreciate feed back Good AND Bad.

You can take $5.00 off the price of any collar. Put "Game-Dog" and your forum name in the comments box.

7. americandream

americandream Top Dog

hey thats cool. ill check it out

8. tnob

tnob Big Dog

Hoyden where do you get you materials? What type of material is that on your dog?

9. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

Hoyden, those collars look nice but if your looking for a collar to tie a dog out with you might want to look else were. No offence but those collars dont look like they would hold for long.

10. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Weaver Leather Supply.

The collar on Petey is a two layers of Polypro with a Nickle Plated Steel two prong roller buckle. The grommets on the blue collar pictured failed my quality control and have been replaced with heavy duty grommets like the ones on this collar. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/PetesDogGear/Collars/PICT0237.jpg

Pet Bull Collars are two layers of polypropylene webbing. (They don't like thick heavy collars)

The rest are three layers of Heavy Polypro or two layers of nylon webbing.

I use Nickle plated stainless steel buckles, nickle over brass grommets and rivets as well as stainless steel welded D-rings, loops and slides. I do have some sturdy plastic side release buckles for those that want them.

The sturdy "working dog" collars aren't posted yet, I have to photograph them and get them posted. No fancy ribbon on those.

11. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

The collars that I have posted so far aren't tie out collars. I just finished them and need to photograph and upload them. I also have to post the working collars.

I took quite a while testing those. I've had friends with big dogs that are tied out test them for me, I gave a few to our dog trainer, some to friends that hunt and to a K-9 officer. I've probably sent out about 15 collars to dog people to test and let me know what they think.

I have collars nailed to the fence to see how they handle New England weather, soaking in 5 gal. buckets of water (to see how much they'll stretch when they're wet), I have one out in the snow bank so see how it fares through the winter. etc. etc..

Now that I am pretty happy with the heavy collars - I'm planning on sending a couple out to Marty and Shon to beat on critique for me. :)

I'll let you know when the tie out and working collars are posted so you can have a look and tell me what you think of them. I'm open to suggestions.

12. americandream

americandream Top Dog

o.k cool you should get some ideas from the other sites on this thread and find a way to make them better then the others!

13. SEAL

SEAL CH Dog

what about one that just says PIT bull going around the collar or GAME-DOG.COM ........ big black letters and myb make some in say inch n a half.

14. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I don't have an embroidery machine yet :( If I did, I would do that in a heart-beat.

I have 1-1/2" collars though.

Once I cover my initial start-up expenses - an embroidery machine is next.