1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

20" Staff going for a hunt.

Discussion in 'SBT Pictures' started by Wally, Jun 20, 2010.

1. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

Re: 20" Staff going for a hunt.

Hey Wally, do you use all your staffies for catch work, or is it just the big red dog you showed us earlier?

2. BGD

BGD Pup

Fair play mate, worker to worker and you can't go wrong. Really nice shape to the smaller boy.

3. Wally

Wally Pup

[​IMG]
    This fella is one of my favourites. He is long gone now though. 16 1/4" and mid 30lbs when in nick. Nothing wrong with good little'uns either. LIke they say good dogs are where you find them.

4. Wally

Wally Pup

Hello, No they all aren't used as hunters. Some of them live on farms which give them a good work-out through their enviroment but most are in good homes.

5. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

worker to worker is the way to go.

6. redneck

redneck Pup

Re: 20" Staff goiong for a hunt.

bumped for anymore hunting photos you want to share?

7. Preben W

Preben W Pup

Beautiful stafford. I really like the taller and bigger ones. Here in Norway most staffords look like small cags. When I bought my stafford, I bought from show stock. He is a great dog and really like to work, he also got a lot game, not like most show staffords here. He is 18 at the withers so he is one of the larger show staffords. But next time, we will buy from working stock for sure.

How much does he weigh?

8. wallyy

wallyy Big Dog

Around 50 - 55lbs.

9. bauer

bauer Top Dog

Is it a pure staff or a cross...

10. jacko

jacko CH Dog

suited & booted with two fingers under a staffords collar , respect !

11. wallyy

wallyy Big Dog

100%. Cheers.

12. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

Awsome, i love hunting staffs, he's looking great

13. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

I would love to see pics or footage of a staff on a hog how do the compare with other breeds my staff is a bit if a thinker u know she won't just fly in and get hurt as my big mastiff cross will try and fight a lorry that flys past at 60 mph lol

14. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

Mickey accidently my male took off and seems to like to fly straight forward, a thinker is not that bad if it stays after lock on.
    I had one female that was a thinker and à female that would go straight forward

15. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

I would love to find out if she would hold on mate

I think u should arrange a hog hunting trip so the u.k boys can come and play ;-)

16. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

Things take time, there is schooling for hogging too, it's something that must be built.

Well perhaps uk folks could come but to hunt not play (test) here there is no tradition on hunting hogs with this dogs nor droping dogs on hogs at drop of à dime.
    And you must pay for the hogs too.

If you have some friends interested let me know but hunting respecting the country law

17. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

Off course I hunt small game hear in the uk I have the most respect for the land and quarry I would love to test my dogs at catching hogs ....so you have to pay to hunt or pay for each hog you catch the I have a perfect dog build wise for a catch dog but he's a bit dog aggressive so I guess that's a no no or he has no back up any way it's somthing I would love to try my dogs at and I understand that it's not somthing your dog just turns up and catches a hog and go home .....it would be good to just watch the pro's work its only 1day driving for me max ....red bull and some smokes am good for days lol

18. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

[​IMG]

19. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

We will talk about it later ;)