1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

3 different types of staffords

Discussion in 'SBT Pictures' started by 12 gauge, May 15, 2010.

1. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

sbt 3.jpg sbt 4.jpg SBT.jpg sbt 5.jpg sbt 2.jpg some pics from 80s..........SBT that are not competitive........

2. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

3. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

chanel 1xw.jpg FLOYD sbt x apbt.jpg chanel hard biting queen.jpg chanel's pups.jpg brindle boy floyd.jpg

These are from the 80s and competitive and fastlane..........

4. jaykay

jaykay Big Dog

nice dogs!! that brindle boy floyd looks a lot like my dog.

5. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

brindle boy that was a good'un......

brindle floyd 1xw 1xl.jpg

6. 1898_BullTerrier-1.jpg this from pre 1900...when they ware the same breed as Pitbull terriers

7. jaykay

jaykay Big Dog

in that last pic of brindle boy the resemblence is uncanny only my dog is more red brindle

[​IMG]

8. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

9. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

brindle boy floyd was half KC staff and was a product of an unplanned breeding by a old dogman. He still held his own and was the one that wasnt culled. His dame was used against his apbt aunt which led to her demise. Ricky B is right that the dogmen moved over to apbt at this time as it was a winning formula. No one likes to waste time and money......and thats what happened if you used staffs in the fastane.

10. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

This is the new shit the team are breeding........she is one from a new stable and is worth every inch.

2012-02-25 14.17.33-1.jpg 2012-02-25 14.17.21-1.jpg

.......Im not a big fan of the colour but they are down from dark brindle crosses many moons ago.

11. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

[​IMG] Re: working staffordshire bull terriers

OnTheRocks, the Irish got rid of Staffs because they could not compete with APBT...( posted by Ricky B )

Dogmen arent hung up on peds and will use what performs best.....same goes for long dogs.......same goes for earth dogs.

12. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

I expected people to talk about staffordshire bull terriers, not crosses not apbt's either. people have "1" bad experience with a dog that's not even pure stafford and proceed to blame the rest. this for me is just as unjust as blaming dog attacks on dogs that look like the "type"

13. jaykay

jaykay Big Dog

another thread turning into staff v apbt its all that ever happens on the staff side of the forum!!

14. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

and then people wonder why staffords arent in better shape

15. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

are you serious, what color's got to do with anything? i seriously thought you were in for the competition. blue, black, yellow or whatever a true dogman cared about one color, and that was the white line the dog had to cross, anytime and everytime! no matter what

16. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

every dog that has been bred by the team eventually the colour bleached out by line breeding and inbreeding. The vast majority are NOW rednose or pied even tan. This is a problem as it will eventually lead to cancer. But we are loathed to make outcross which is inevitable. This will lead to a reduction in gameness but will guard against genetic defects........I dont need any hybrid vigor yet, lol.

17. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

priceless.

18. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

the line doesnt need to be white..........silver ducktape.....blue or yellow spray..........etc will suffice

19. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

the first paragraph had me so confuse, i dunno what to write about. as for the line again, its color doesnt matter, if the dog crossed it everytime no hesitation is what made the dog, forget if his coat color was prone to have cancer.

20. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

Hope all the vets who go to some kinda medical schooling learn of this coat color/cancer syndrome! Then they can start charging for that too. Oh boy... whats next?!!