1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

3 different types of staffords

Discussion in 'SBT Pictures' started by 12 gauge, May 15, 2010.

1. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

These two are the current BOB in the uk

images.jpeg 2012_SBT_BOB.jpg

you can see where the future lies........YIS

2. nasher

nasher Big Dog

these are the true SBT as they conform to the height set by the kennel club lol and Grand champions

3. hmots

hmots Big Dog

Lets post pics of show winning UKC apbt and Am Staff and call it the future
    Just because that's what is winning in the KC does not mean that its
    the future of the breed.

4. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

I havent given up, and i know quite few people who have some decent staffords. you see, the key is: not breeding them to apbts, and selecting them meticulously in its pure form, and doing the best to do the breed justice. Opting for a short cut is just doing as much damage as ignorant people breeding those chunks you posted pics of.

there's no difference between a gamebred dog destined for shows than a showbred dog destined for shows.

5. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

6. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

grand champions ? ill ask you nasher,the problem is ?

7. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

and here lies the prob today,so many on this part of board live in the 80's,some poke fun at dogs when they dont even own a dog,you think this is a game dog section of the board when in reality its not different to any other stafford forum on the inet,same ol comments "nice dog" "nice puppy""nice condition"

oh the 2 staffords mocked by the dogmen here are in better nick than 90% of the dogs in the stafford photo section on here,the difference is they no they only have a pet and enjoy there hobby

and please signing posts Y.I.S just bout sums up some one who has a decent book collection and no dog.

8. hmots

hmots Big Dog

NO the Problem is people that believe that the crap posted above is a true stafford. Im by no means a fan of Hammer but if he were correct in his opinion that is where the future is headed I would find another breed. And yes I do own dogs..Three Stsfffords and one on the way across the pond with some buds ..who incedently also own staffords. Not all of us are living in the 80's some of us are dedicated to restoring this breed to what it should be ..a dog capable of any sport that this breed was origionaly created for.No I'm no "Dogman" I dont fight my dogs but I prefer one that at least has the ability and temperment to do so. I do hunt mine as do my buds and if you think those atrocities above could hold a candle, you my friend are saddly mistaken.
    Im sorry I dont mean to pic a fight, but please if you think that those pups above are what the originators of the breed and finaly the standard had in mind ...you need to think again.

9. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

I rather be by a soldier in case of a war than a booksmart gun collector with every single gun out there.

game or not to be is the question? and the only true test for a bulldog for some but put your little however times winner game/ace pooch against a mountain lion/puma, or a good bull, then tell me what you think

10. NGK

NGK Top Dog

11. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

Boy it was getting boring around here!!! Thanks for SPICE'N in it up guys! you know who you are...haha

12. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Well I think that Ch Psycho looks like a pretty standard size stafford...

What do you all think

13. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

of course there true staffords hmots,no books,no dreams of i want to own a pit bull,no mistaking what they feed,they are staffords.

funny thing is they resemble the staffords from my youth more than most of the 17"+ leggy types that seem to have come out of god no's where,brock,dillinger,sam,louis all looked more like those above than anything at an aces day,folk seem to forget,its not lenth of leg that makes a good stafford,its what is between the ears.
    regards

14. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

a stafford born before those you mentioned in your youth, plenty more to see i just dont care to put more pics with obsolete comments like yours above

staffordx.png

15. NGK

NGK Top Dog

If a dog is under the working breed class it should be able to work which includes a level of endurance that surpasses that which the shorter stocky types are able to bring to the table. Im no expert so thats just my humble opinion.

NGK

16. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

one thing is being small in size, another is being unbalanced and disproportioned dog and on top being overweight. those deformed those you see on top of this page are only good to bring show ribbons home for their owners satisfaction and plenty of genetic defects to their offspring (breathing problems being one of them).

17. Finito

Finito Big Dog

Pretty sure Jonim is referring to the fact that capable staffords (& bulldogs for that matter) come in all shapes & sizes. Some of them dogs mentioned were of a completely diferrent type from what many fanciers strive for today.
    I have seen dogs of terrible structure prove themselves to be very good dogs so there is argument both ways.
    Just my opinion,but i would not take anything away from what lines
    or structure of a stafford if it had proven himself. More so,i would like
    to see a dog looking more stafford & showing his bloodline.

18. hmots

hmots Big Dog

True fact...its not the length of leg.By no means am I suggesting that a dogs stature or look alone make a dog.I have seen many a dog that was verticly challanged work his ars off.but them dOgs there are as far from drivee as one can git Not to mention balance plays a huge part..when a dog is at the bottom of the hight chart and the top of the scale I have a hard time believing he can hold his wind long enough to fetch a ball,let alone a hog,dog,or other test.I'm not one to judge solely on appearances bit the two up top would have to show me a lot in order to be aloud to procreate. IMO

19. hmots

hmots Big Dog

P.S. No "I want to own a Pitbull dreams" here, I've had plenty of them. My dream is to revive the origional working dog. My faith is that all is not lost and I can enjoy this type / breed in its pure form.I've. Spent my whole life as an admirer of the bull and terrier and all that they embody.True that there are and have always been diffrent types ,my prefered happens to b a little more leggy,the Cradley type is not.although thereare plenty of examples of sucessfull dogs of this type.I think jonnim is confusing the shite above w/this type,not even close!!
    JMO

20. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

Are you fucking being serious. Have you been on the boards and forums of the people that own the show type staff. You got a bunch of liberal nerds talking about how they would not breed their staff because he shows a little dog aggression. Another idiot bragging about how his dog is proven, a proven couch potato and laughing about it. There was a thread about this forum and a bunch of people said they reported this forum to the authorities and their local animal control. They talk about how everyone on this forum is a sick minded criminal. I wish i knew how to post the attachment on here but I'm not very computer literate. To say that the people on the staff side of this forum are no different that the people on that forum is stupid and very disrespectful. The people on this board are a totally different breed than the soccer moms on that forum.