1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A Working Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by F.W.K., Sep 4, 2017.

1. Arrr!,Mate i aint ever read it...its on the list like a million others lol.
    what dose it say about eel bobbing Stedz?
    i no the eel bobber mate!hes 74 years old now.and the drawing on the front cover of that book-thats him!not Whyman.
    lol.he still looks like that now.
    hes a great freind-he even dropped me a dressed pheaseant of on friday (what i eat with smoked bacon and onions)

Yeah ,the guy on the front, and the gamekeeper,are well known around here mate.infact that gamekeeper on the front of that book has been the keeper around here for years..
    my eel bobbing freind said Wyman was a legand.and it was Wymans son who published the book after his dad died...

Hahaha you dont her of eel bobbing no more!
    how many people do you know that have done that?
    caught a few eels last year with this mans mentorship...and he told me how to set snars proper.
    im grateful to know the man..and it was a honor to be shown the ropes by him.a complete honor..
    real old school poacher..and i need to right some stuff down now before its to late.because when this race of men leave us.....i feel sorry for the future.

All the best Stedz!!!
    let me no how you get on with the tree rats..remember to pick the glands out there arm pits or the meat will taint.

david63 and stedz like this.
  2. stedz

stedz Top Dog

been a few years since i read it myself i will read it again soon,you are lucky to have known such men.

Soze the killer likes this.
  3. Men like that mate are as rear as hens teeth..
    i meet up with him most mondays.and i pick his brain something terrible.hes 74 and stopped poaching at 70,and now drinks him self away..telling tales of a time i was once British lol.
    hes seen some stuff belive me..his tales would fill a libery never lone a book.
    truley facinateing.and a shame such a legand has to grown old.
    hosestly now Stedz.a expert at poaching.arrr mate if it runs flys or swims he will no about it..

LOL.me being me i always tell him to right a book..i even say ill write it for him.his honest reply is;"arrr fuck of!"

Thats just the way he is lol.

4. david63

david63 CH Dog

I would love to see Floyd Boudreaux write a book on game dogs.

Dusty Road, Soze the killer and stedz like this.
  5. yes ive always wonderd why he never wrote one...
    it would make great reading if he did.

6. stedz

stedz Top Dog

He probably doesnt want the attention ,often thought the same about ken gould.

david63 and Soze the killer like this.
  7. I think that about a lot of folk...
    they could right great books...but they just cant be arsed with the hassle/attention..and lets be honest mate.who could blame em?!!!!..

We are in 2020,and the world is quite crazy with anything to do with dogs.hunting.animals. fishing.arrr gone crazy mate.

Still as crazy as the world is..
    its still imo best to record some subjects least they go into extinction..

If you get my drift.